PDA

View Full Version : Our Annual Holiday

richiemat
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 13:35
Hi All,

Thought i would post some pics up of the car fully laden on our return from our camping holiday last week, I found the car really came into its own as we haven't had the opportunity to fill it up with stuff to this degree before. It was still effortless to drive and left us with plenty of room even with things on the rear seat next to our daughter.

The roofbox came in useful which we bought on ebay a day before we left, as luck would have it when we collected it it was the same colour as my wheels so looked the part and was deceivingly accomodating.

I plugged the fridge into the boot which kept the beer er i mean the bread and milk cold for the journey, and the neat vertical rolling net which stopped the boot luggage ending up in the back seat.

All in all really glad we went for this car, its a great family car when it wants to be, a good load carrier and fast when it wants to be...which is all of the time.

And its time for its yearly service next week at RT's :cool:

Over and out

CheekyMonkey
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 13:42
Lol think I could challenge the cars capacity with the amount I have to take just goin away for the weekend lol. Glad it served its purpose for u mate :)

jonno12
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 13:43
where abouts did you go we have a caravan and have been to a few places good to see fellow campers on here

richiemat
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 13:46
Lol think I could challenge the cars capacity with the amount I have to take just goin away for the weekend lol. Glad it served its purpose for u mate :)

thanks cheeky :B_thumb:

richiemat
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 13:50
where abouts did you go we have a caravan and have been to a few places good to see fellow campers on here

hi jonno..we took our tent over to Mersea Island near Colchester - http://www.waldegraves.co.uk/pages/tour-waldegraves.lasso

Found it to be a good site, hey this could turn into a campsite review

jonno12
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 13:56
hi jonno..we took our tent over to Mersea Island near Colchester - http://www.waldegraves.co.uk/pages/tour-waldegraves.lasso

Found it to be a good site, hey this could turn into a campsite review

is a great site we go there with friends in their caravan aswll as a jet ski i dont know if he is still there but he was there for 2 weeks

has a scubby that tows the jetski and a frontera on 22 inch for towing the caravan

Rufe
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 13:58
my c70 is about that ride height to start with, dont think i would have got very far with that sort of load in there too, lol

richiemat
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 14:17
is a great site we go there with friends in their caravan aswll as a jet ski i dont know if he is still there but he was there for 2 weeks

has a scubby that tows the jetski and a frontera on 22 inch for towing the caravan

small world! :) pretty sure i saw the frontera, noticed it for the huge wheels

sbatchel
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 17:06
I'm in the process of moving house with my V70, and the missus was amased the other day as it just kept swallowing suitecases - 8 large ones in total along with numerous "weekend" and laptop bags. And we didn't even need to double stack anything.

richiemat
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 20:51
my c70 is about that ride height to start with, dont think i would have got very far with that sort of load in there too, lol

hehe i just know my wifes shoes wouldnt all fit in a c70 :D

siamblue
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 22:47
We are going camping on the 17th, Travelling up from Ilford Essex, having a rest stop in Scotch corner,
The following day we will be driving upto Ullapool, then travelling all around the West coast of Scotland for 2 weeks,

Gary

siamblue
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 22:55
Just found a pic of my old load lugger, prior to leaving,

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/siamblue/camping2006002.jpg

RaVolvoR
Thursday 7th August 2008, 10:17
It's not just volume they carry, these cars carry real weight... had some work done on my house and explained to builders that scrap metal from the house was mine, not theirs (they weren't happy but they did alright out of me anyway) had 270kg - over 1/4 ton! of scrap metal in the car plus me and I'm no lightweight!

I couldn't believe the car sat so well on the road and pulled effortlessly but it did look out of place in the queue for the weigh bridge in a row of articulated lorries. It was worth the trip too..£££ back from scrap first time I got a refund for DIY!

jonno12
Thursday 7th August 2008, 10:39
Just found a pic of my old load lugger, prior to leaving,

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/siamblue/camping2006002.jpg

nice car amte what colour is that?

gtiteen
Thursday 7th August 2008, 11:24
This:
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/dav3green/Cars/n286104690_1075499_3225.jpg
Is my old 850 with 6 american football players in it!!!

Oh and jonno12... I think that colour is called Cassis?

EDIT........Infact it definitely is as its in siam's signature!!

jonno12
Thursday 7th August 2008, 11:40
im blind aswell lol i didnt see that

looks a bit like a low rider like that lol

richiemat
Thursday 7th August 2008, 12:58
im blind aswell lol i didnt see that

looks a bit like a low rider like that lol

blimey bet the handling was awesome. hehe

lesk
Saturday 9th August 2008, 14:39
wow, those tyres look low, what profile are they? what's the ride like?

les k

richiemat
Saturday 9th August 2008, 20:27
wow, those tyres look low, what profile are they? what's the ride like?

les k

hi les, they're 215*45*17. ride is not too firm, just need to watch out for potholes as usual. That size is standard on quite a few models i believe. I did notice quite a difference in ride when i changed from the 16" Metis style wheels.

BlackC70
Saturday 9th August 2008, 21:09

any pictures of the Frontera on 22s??? I'd love to see thatt!