PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plug Replacement

arongreaves
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 07:13
Hello Everyone, Im attempting to what i thought would be a straight forward job, replace the spark plugs on my 2000 Volvo C70 2.0T but i can't locate where exactly the plugs are within my engine bay, if possible i would really appreciate some advice on where they are within my engine!

Wombatbomb
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 09:49
Take the black Volvo cover off the top of the block, held by Torx bolts. Underneath will be the 5 coil packs (black rubber things with a lead leading into each). The plug is under the coil.

And use genuine Volvo spark plugs!

Rufe
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 10:08
yes, ium guessing the problem may be that your not used to cars with individual coil packs instead of the coil, distributor and leads set up on earlier cars. The plugs still sit in the same place in the engine though. It is a pretty straight forward job, and give yourself around an hour in total to do them. Here is a price of a set of 5 genuine plugs from us,

GENUINE VOLVO SPARK PLUGS:
Part Number: 8692071
Retail Price: £41.37 inc vat
Our Price: £28.95 inc vat, plus postage
Postage: £1.62 Royal Mail 2nd Class Recorded Delivery
Availability: In Stock

Let me know if you want them

Simon

jonno12
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 10:10
blimey thats cheap

arongreaves
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 12:21
Many Thanks for your replies, llbe in touch about those plugs, rang volvo and they quoted me £49.52 + VAT Now justify that!!!
also do you sell the electric window switch that sits on the drivers side as my swith has broke and i cant get my drivers window down

arongreaves
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 13:06
After reading your quality instructions i have now located the plugs, thanks But, oh yes theres a but!! the standard universal spark plug remover i brought yesterday the end bit, i.e. the socket like end will not go down the hole where the plugs are sitting as the hole is to narrow for the plug removal socket dont suppose anyone could elp us out please and give me a way of i can get to the plug to see if it needs changing or not as car's in bits on the drive and i need to get to work! lol, thanks

Wombatbomb
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 13:09
Have a look in your socket set, they often have a spark plug remover in that'll do the trick. If not, you need to go buy one I'm afraid (or a different sparkplug spanner, narrower ones are available).

arongreaves
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 13:14
thanks wombatbomb

Rufe
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 13:26
every volvo dealer has the exact same info as myself mate, we do not get special prices we all get the same thing, so i do not know where some people get their prices from. I cant speak for any other dealer obviously so dont know what they are up to, though for some reason their prices appear to be 40% MORE than they should be.

Here is the screenshot from my screen, the exact same page that every UK dealer looks at:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/rufe_v6/plugs1.jpg

Ok, i know my retail price is 1p out, that is because 99% of the time when i use our other parts system (for invoicing) it is terrible at rounding prices and allways rounds prices up by a penny, but you allways get and pay the true and discounted price from us.

Here is the price of the switch -

RH WINDOW SWITCH:
P/n: 8638455
Retail Price: £92.24 inc vat
Our Price: £78.40 inc vat.
Postage: £2.35 Royal Mail 2nd Class Recorded Delivery
Availability: In with us the same dayu or next day after ordering, then sent out with Royal Mail.

Total postage for this and the plugs if sent together would be £3.21 Royal Mail 2nd Class Recorded Delivery

Simon