PDA

View Full Version : 7 seat conversion kit

bigjus
Monday 4th August 2008, 23:46
I am looking to put the 7 seat conversion into my 2005 V70 d5. Does anyone know where I can purchase the kit new?
My father is convinced that children sat in the boot is unsafe but I am reliably informed that a V70 in a rear end shunt is safer than any MPV.Can anyone advise me whether this is the case?
thanks
Justin

Rufe
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 10:21
i know they are very safe, but exactly how safe in comparison with other cars i havent got a clue.

QUOTE:
- EU Approved for children between 15-36 kg (33-79 lbs) and max height 140 cm (55 in) each.
- Meets the requirements of ECE R44-03 (click here... (http://www.childcarseats.org.uk/standards/r4403.htm)) standard as well as Volvo's stringent standards for crash safety, fire resistance, fabric strength and integrity.

I can get you a price of a new one if you wish, but i need to know trim colour of course.

simon

bigjus
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 22:39
thanks
its for a 2005 v70 in black leather

Rufe
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 17:04
sorry mate forgot about this - ( i should have said that its generally better to PM me as i dont allways find my way back to threads lol)

REAR FACING 3rd ROW SEAT:
P/n: 8635598
Volvo Price: £572.94 including vat
Our Price: £521.99 including vat and including next day delivery
Availability: If ordered by 9:30am it would be with you the next working day, otherwise if ordered later than this it would be the day after that. Once in part would be sent with TNT Express

Postage price on this is included, but obviously at near enough 40Kgs in weight this is not cheap, and gos against the discount I have taken off. It still works out at a shade under 10% including next day delivery though, so not bad really.

I dont know how interested you will be in this after seeing the price (i dont know what sort of figure you had in your head for these), but if you still wish to go ahead with this order, please let me know here, or preferably in a private message, or you can call me on our parts department direct line - 01792 790066 - to give us your delivery and payment details. We are open Monday to Friday 08:30am to 17:00pm.

Many thanks,

Simon

cameron
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 17:20
I dont know about the V70 but the 850's are solid, i hit a wall backwards @ approximately 40mph, the brake line nearest the resevoir went and peed the fluid all over the road, handbrake on spin it round, to expensive to hit the front end, LOL, anyway the wall was knocked down and there wasnt even a scratch on the bumper, plus my 6 year old was in the boot on the rear facing seats, oh and he thought it was highly ammusing, he was unhurt obviously and he keeps asking me to hit a wall again.

bigjus
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 18:18
how much would it cost for the seats fully fitted?
Ta
Justin

RaVolvoR
Thursday 7th August 2008, 10:10
Does this price include cost of the parts to modify tailgate to have inside opening handle etc? I'm sure my old 850 had to have this done, its been a while and I can' t exactly remember if it was there or I had ot have it put it extra. Have been thinking of one of these kits for a while in my '03 V70

Rufe
Thursday 7th August 2008, 10:38
Hi mate

book time for this job is 2.3 Hours, which would be a retail price of £214.85 inc vat (our labour rate is £79.50 plus vat per hour retail, though this price varies from dealer to dealer) The discounted price for labour on this particular job would be £49.50 per hour (special accessory rate) which would mean you would pay £133.77 inc vat for fitting.

So, total price for this job inc parts and labour would be £620.76 inc vat, fitted at FRF Motors.

The only thing i havent yet mentioned is the fact that you can not use a full size spare wheel with this conversion, you have to have a space saver wheel. This will be extra if you require it.

Where abouts are you mate, we are in Swansea if you dont know

Simon :)

Rufe
Thursday 7th August 2008, 14:30
Does this price include cost of the parts to modify tailgate to have inside opening handle etc? I'm sure my old 850 had to have this done, its been a while and I can' t exactly remember if it was there or I had ot have it put it extra. Have been thinking of one of these kits for a while in my '03 V70

sorry i missed this post earlier.

yes it included the lock kit now

all information is here:
Volvo Accessory Catlogue Online, Auxiliary Seats.... (http://vccs.volvocars.se/accessories/cat/en-GB/P2X/pack-n-load/load/VCC-249332.htm)

Hope this helps

bigjus
Thursday 7th August 2008, 20:08
i am in lancashire
will give it some thought and speak to she who must be obeyed
thanks
justin

dave stew
Monday 18th August 2008, 15:22
Dear bigjus,

Did you get your seven seat conversion? I have a P2 with a black (dark grey?) interior and am going to sell my seven seats as I have never used them in four years. I am therefore after your ply flooring panels to replace mine. Do you want to sell them?

Alternatively, if anyone out there wants a seven seat unit (excellent condition) for a black carpeted boot, let me know.

Cheers

David

ChrisD5
Friday 20th January 2012, 13:35
wow, 2008 eh... well, apologies for bumping such an old thread, but...

i'm looking for a s/h set of rears for my p2 v70. black leather would be ideal, of course, but what you got? :D

Flatout Phil
Friday 20th January 2012, 14:23
Holy Thread Resurrection!

I think that Ebay is the place. Ph 2 is not something I know much about though so not a clue what you would pay. I think that places like Salvo charge a bit over the odds, but if you need the stuff, you need the stuff.