PDA

View Full Version : door strips

jonno12
Monday 4th August 2008, 18:27
does anyone know if these are clipped on or stuck as i want to take mine off but dont want to if its clips for obvious reasons

cameron
Monday 4th August 2008, 18:38
The strips if i remember rightly slide towards the front or is it the rear i cant remember, but easiest way is to put a pair of rubber gloves on ( keep it clean please Lol ) and push them sideways try both ways as i cant remember which way they go.

HTH

jonno12
Monday 4th August 2008, 18:39
i take it they are clipped on then cam

cameron
Monday 4th August 2008, 18:45
The strips slide to the side slightly then pull towards yourself, its been a couple of years since i done it.

Tomcat
Monday 4th August 2008, 18:57
At the back edge of the door on the inside edge there is a screw, remove the screw and the trims slide fowards(I think) and come off. They are clipped on so it's not something you can remove for good without having unwanted holes everywhere.

jonno12
Monday 4th August 2008, 19:01
thanks to u 2 was just wondering how they were fitted and now i know not to take um off i made that mistake with a previous car and it took me ages to fill it and paint it again (2 tone)
many thanks for your help

Pliskin
Thursday 19th February 2009, 18:41
Hi all,
Does anyone know whether the fixings are the same on the 850 and the S70.

Some time ago some inconsiderate individual dented the fns door on my 854.

I couldn't source a direct replacement, but did manage to get an S70 door, thankfully in the same colour, the only downside is that I have got the normal rubbing strips on the rest of the car and a colour coded one on the replacement door.

I have been toying with the idea of colour coding the rest of the car, but along with a lot of other folks, cash is a bit tight.

I took it to a local body shop and asked if the old rubbing strip could be put back on and he told me the fixings were different and it wasn't possible.

Is he right or is he looking for business?

Tomcat
Thursday 19th February 2009, 21:25
IIRC the mouldings on the V/S70 are stuck on with tape, as apposed to the 850 which uses clips.....pretty sure about that.

martybelfastt5
Sunday 22nd February 2009, 16:48
yes have changed mine as said above remove round plastic screw protectors theres an multicut screw if i remember right the push forward and the clip off