PDA

View Full Version : bloody bumpers are painted

jonno12
Monday 4th August 2008, 15:25
tryied the heat gun method on the back and it went a bit pair shaped who ever has had the car b4 has used some sort of cheap turdy paint on the dork grey bit so now it looks patchy so ill be getting the tinns out on sat
1 good thing is the front came out spot on but think i will have to repaint both to keep the colour matched i guess it was worth a try and many thanks to freaky fingures for the lend of the gun think the next gun ill need is a shoot gun for the previous owner who bodged it up never mind these things were sent to try us all lol

volvokid
Monday 4th August 2008, 18:24
Thats not good to hear but I dont know why people dont use back to black bumper gel its alot less hassle and safer

jonno12
Monday 4th August 2008, 18:26
i tried that it lasted a day ive tried wurths stuff aswell and that didnt work

i dont mind painting it just an ass ache is all

flying brick
Monday 4th August 2008, 18:26
my t5 is the same colour as yours, the bumpers are light grey now and i would like them darker, somebody ran up my arse two years ago, and the repair shop must have painted the back bumper ,as it looks bad and patchy now which paint do you recommend buddy........

jonno12
Monday 4th August 2008, 18:29
there is a paint shop near me that sells plastic paint its flexible and very good ill have to find out prices but ill let you know any good car paint supplier should sell textured plastic paint
but i will be doing mine in dark grey
or if im feeling brave ill get them to mix up some red for me and colour code them

Jod T5
Monday 4th August 2008, 18:30
i tried that it lasted a day ive tried wurths stuff aswell and that didnt work

i dont mind painting it just an ass ache is all
Why dont you try the kiwi shoe polish as i suggested earlier....if this does not work then i suggest everything you are trying has an allergy against the paint on the bumper....
Cheers
Jod

jonno12
Monday 4th August 2008, 18:31
i tried it jod mate it went all streakey

Jod T5
Monday 4th August 2008, 18:33
i tried it jod mate it went all streakey
LOl...ur ££££££ed i guess the paint will either have to come off of you need a new strip.....
cheers
jod

jonno12
Monday 4th August 2008, 18:34
ill use a acid etch primer that will stick to it ive tried it get about 4 coats on it then paint it in whatever colour i do it at the time