PDA

View Full Version : Leather Seats

Timo.
Monday 4th August 2008, 10:44
My Dad's trying to source leather seats for his 2005 V70 D5.

Found some, but the drivers seat is motorised. The seats in his car are not electric.

Question is, presuming the electric seats will fit in no probs, will we be able to plug the seats in somehow and get them to work.

I'm thinking, as with most modern cars these days, the wiring for the seat might already be there just not getting used.

Any thoughts appreciated.

T.

RaVolvoR
Monday 4th August 2008, 11:09
I've become a Volvo cynic since getting my 2003 V70... it seems that anyting you do eventually ends up needing a software modification by a dealer. I'll bet that the seats are the same, even if the power cable is there is probably not enabled by the computer, and any memeory function on the seats won't work either until the computer is told about them.

Microsoft may have invented "plug n play (pray!)" years ago but Volvo haven't heard about it yet because there's money in those software updates!

Rufe
Monday 4th August 2008, 11:43
yes RaVolvoR is correct in his assumption that even if the wiring is in place, PSM Software (Power Seat Module) will be required before they will function. I will be honest and say that i dont know if the wiring is there or not generally, my guess is that it will be, or at least most of it, but i couldnt be sure. The control unit should be under the seat base, and the seat should ideally come with switches too.

price of the labour charge involved to carry out the software will vary from dealer to dealer, though the price of the software itself will be just under £40 inc vat

S60-MBS
Monday 4th August 2008, 12:41
I have just installed leather electric seats to my S60 whixch previously had normal half leahter interior.As i had heated seats before,The heated seats where no problems and the electric motors worked straight away.just make sure battery is off before unplugging old seats.