PDA

View Full Version : A/c ECC Question

Shortbusdriver1969
Saturday 2nd August 2008, 19:55
Hi All, I read some where that 'some' 850's that dont have a sun roof have A/c or ECC, My 850 has not got a sun roof but no button for A/c
how ever today I noticed even though very hot weather if I turned re-cur off and heating dails to zero 'cold' air was blown from the vents, so do I have ECC ?
there are no pipes for A/c under my bonnet as there was on my Veccy SRi with A/c I do not know my trim as its not badged.
a friend of mine has a S plated S70 and says his ECC / A/c is on all the time
he has taken the relay out to save on fuel is this the same on 850's
all or nothing ?
mine is a 96 'P' one of the last 850's made
many thanks
Neil

Alan M
Saturday 2nd August 2008, 20:46
There should still be an air con compressor at the bottom front of the engine so have a look if the auxillary belt goes around one. Thats if you have aircon.

stephenevans99
Saturday 2nd August 2008, 20:49
IIRC Electronic Climate Control or ECC, you should have two independant temp control dials - one for the passenger & the other for the driver. You should also have an A/C switch next to the Recirc switch.

PNuT
Sunday 3rd August 2008, 06:48
a friend of mine has a S plated S70 and says his ECC / A/c is on all the time
he has taken the relay out to save on fuel is this the same on 850's
all or nothing ?
mine is a 96 'P' one of the last 850's made
many thanks
Neil

your friend most probably has the dial set to demist the window & thats why the air con is always on...

Jod T5
Sunday 3rd August 2008, 15:01
As a point of probably no interest to anyone there are 3 types of system used.
Maunal Climate Control
Manual Climate Control with Air Con
Electronic Climate Control
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d157/jod1jod/various/eccdial011-2-1.jpg
If your panel does not have the two switches under the right hand temperature dial then you do not have cooling of any sort......
Cheers
jod

Ps for some reason i cannot get the enclosed picture any larger, to blow it up , Go to picture, right click, up to open link then hover over picture and you should be able to click to enlarge it....

Shortbusdriver1969
Sunday 3rd August 2008, 15:08
Ok cheers pepole I ll take a closer look, I do have two heat control dials but No A/c button just a re-circ
once again thanks :-)

stephenevans99
Sunday 3rd August 2008, 19:31
Unfortunately it sounds like you don't have Air Con !!!!

Accordingly, could you now please change your username to sweatybusdriver1969 !!! :duck:

Shortbusdriver1969
Monday 4th August 2008, 07:07
LoL
It has some thing as COLD !! air is blown out of the vents even on a hot day ?

Rufe
Monday 4th August 2008, 10:05
there is no guaranteee that you have air con simply because you dont have a sunroof unfortuantley mate.

by the way if you send me your reg i can tell you if the car is listed as having air con or climate control as fitted from new, if you want to check.