PDA

View Full Version : The "R" limited edition, how many?

juggernaut
Thursday 21st April 2005, 16:50
Anyone know how many 850 R's and T5R's were made in total? How many were estates/saloons and manuals/autos? Just wondering how rare these cars were and "R" getting!!(sorry! crap joke)

blackbooty
Thursday 21st April 2005, 17:00
Anyone know how many 850 R's and T5R's were made in total? How many were estates/saloons and manuals/autos? Just wondering how rare these cars were and "R" getting!!(sorry! crap joke)
parkers price guide say's T5-R was limited edition of 200 saloons and estates. no info on boxes tho.

splatt
Thursday 21st April 2005, 17:45
read somewhere that it was 230 officially but there are some imported ones.

Andrew
Thursday 21st April 2005, 22:13
OK the 850R was no limited in any way. The T-5R was the limited edition. 2,500 where made in yellow (become known as the T-Gul) for worldwide distribution. Another 2,500 where then produced in Olive Green and Black. Roumer has it that a few white early production models also made it out of the factory. About 10% of what was made ended up in the UK. That was 9/10 years ago - god knows how many have survived and are still running. The yellow is still the sought after model but the others follow closely.

I did have the production figures for each country somewhere but I've lost the link.

I own one of 23 olive green 855 T-5R Auto specifications supposedly in the country.

nikgallagher
Friday 22nd April 2005, 08:57
...The T-5R was the limited edition. 2,500 where made in yellow (become known as the T-Gul) for worldwide distribution. ...

For info: 'Gul' is 'yellow' in swedish.

HuskMan
Friday 22nd April 2005, 10:16
Nik

Glad you reminded me about your Swedish knowledge. What does this mean?

jag vilja du till ge mig spädbarn , stor besätta

Is it good? I don't know how to reply to my 'friend' . :dunce:

nikgallagher
Friday 22nd April 2005, 13:12
Nik

Did your friend write this, or you? :wink: Looks like the work of an englishman to me. I'm afraid the grammar is a bit out, but I can see where it's going...... I think!

Sounds like someone wants to have your babies! Not sure what 'big fill' is though?

There's a more idiomatic way of putting it, but have not had to use the phrase too often!

HuskMan
Friday 22nd April 2005, 15:51
Yup sounds about right. My female friend is trying to tell me something and her grammar is still poor having only just moved to the land of the Suedes. It's a shame she is more Molly Sugden than Victoria Siltsvedt and also my mate's wife. :jaw:

She is joking of course but I'm glad you could help.

I think she is using stor besatta to mean 'big man' (if you know what I'm saying) :wave23d: as that would fit my description :smirk:

Thanks Nik - if you could let me know a suitable response I'll try and shock her with some smooth Swedish talkin'...

Oh back to the point, 850Rs are not limited as far as I am aware and they look best in red - as I'm sure you all know - so forget yellow, that's a girl's colour.

Limited or not it is beautiful and just terrific fun when watching the expression on 'sports car' driver's faces when they don't leave me standing and then watch me slide past them. I love it, love it, love it...

BrightonBreezy
Friday 22nd April 2005, 17:39
Nik

It's not good Swedish but my real Swedish wife translates it as:

"I want to have your baby, big guy".

BrightonBreezy
Friday 22nd April 2005, 17:44
If you tell me what you want to reply, I'll get my missus to translate. Bear in mind that the whole forum will see your reply. :)

nikgallagher
Monday 25th April 2005, 08:56
Thanks Nik - if you could let me know a suitable response I'll try and shock her with some smooth Swedish talkin'...

You could try:

Javisst min söta sagoprinsessa. Men du - har du tagit an hel falukorv förut eller? Tänk på mej som tänker på dej... Räknar sekunderna tills vi ses mitt livs Karlek!

HuskMan
Monday 25th April 2005, 09:25
OK, I've sent it. No idea what it means but I'll give it a try...

Anything to have thick spicy gravy poured over my Swedish meatballs - it's cheaper Ikea stuff I am after obviously.

I will let you know what they say - or how quickly the court injunction arrives for international stalking.

nikgallagher
Monday 25th April 2005, 13:39
Was probably a bit off-the-mark actually, reading back that she is your mates wife! Nothing too soppy or harsh though.
If your friends are based in Gothenburg, I'd be happy to offer some local knowledge.

DaveS60D5
Monday 25th April 2005, 14:44
Was probably a bit off-the-mark actually, reading back that she is your mates wife! Nothing too soppy or harsh though.
If your friends are based in Gothenburg, I'd be happy to offer some local knowledge.

:B_offtopi

Does anyone clever know how many S70R's were made? And how many of each colour if you're very clever?

And if you're mega-clever, how many S70R's of each colour were brought into the UK?

Ta!!!

HuskMan
Monday 25th April 2005, 15:02
Dave S70R is right, I've dragged us off topic and I apologise.

Although what my mate's wife is supposed to do with that sausage requires further investigation...

d14vd_h
Monday 25th April 2005, 15:22
OK the 850R was no limited in any way. The T-5R was the limited edition. 2,500 where made in yellow (become known as the T-Gul) for worldwide distribution. Another 2,500 where then produced in Olive Green and Black. Roumer has it that a few white early production models also made it out of the factory. About 10% of what was made ended up in the UK. That was 9/10 years ago - god knows how many have survived and are still running. The yellow is still the sought after model but the others follow closely.

I did have the production figures for each country somewhere but I've lost the link.

I own one of 23 olive green 855 T-5R Auto specifications supposedly in the country.

THERE WAS WHITE ONES!?!?!??!
ive always wanted a white 850 ever since btcc and was going to get a t5 and spec it up to t5-r with titan wheels etc, rather than the sacrilage of respraying a yellow one! :jaw:
anyone got pics info on white t5r??? the hunt is on

nikgallagher
Monday 25th April 2005, 15:43
It sounds like white T5R's are probably harder to find than a good english wine, so I would have thought it would be easier (and cheaper!) to buy a standard T5 in white, get the RICA upgrade / R front bumper / titans / and then cover it with BTCC stickers, as you planned before. The other differences between the T5 and T5R are small enough not to worry about.

siamblue
Monday 25th April 2005, 16:01
Think you will find the Yanks had some white T5Rs.

Andrew
Monday 25th April 2005, 16:42
I would be very supprised as there where very very few and where only around for maybe test purposes.

The yanks have probably got white 850Rs.

Andrew.

juggernaut
Monday 25th April 2005, 17:05
Ta for the input and the Swedish lesson! Looks like the T5R is the limited edition one then (250 or so), still would like to know, limited edition or not, just how many 850R's were made though, could'nt have been that many, anyone care to have an educated guess? Also, is there a list on this site of what model T5's members have?, might be intresting just to see what people have got and how many R's are lurking around.

p fandango
Monday 11th July 2005, 21:44
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6483/sgoingtohurt2ay.jpg
heres 1 T-5R that can be removed from the production figures

dicky b t5
Monday 11th July 2005, 22:26

Ho my God , What a sad and sorry state...Stolen Recovered ?

Matt30462
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 00:12
White T-5R's. There were indeed white ones, they were the pre launch cars that went to Volvo dealerships. Upon release though, only the Black and of course the BEAUTIFUL GUL were available. Where the White ones ended up are anyones guess but if you have one, I'll buy it.

Andrew
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 11:02
As I understand it from my research no whites came into the UK. The first in the country here was a 854 GUL!. If you want one Matt then USA is the place to go.

Andrew
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 11:03
Oh and in the UK the black is the rarest out of all of the R's, the Guls the most desirable and their price reflects this and the olives the stealthiest :)

Justin
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 12:02
Ok, just to clarify a few points, very good thread this, however most of it is speculation.

I have just got off the phone to Volvo UK and i have also spoken to sweden about this. Only the 1995 850 T5R production figures have been released to the public. Ever.

Those "Official" figures (direct from Volvo) are 250 Green, 250 Black and 250 Yellow. Thats the UK imports.

They are the only figures that have ever been released for the UK. If you have been told different im sorry to say that you have been mis-informed.

;)

Andrew
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 12:28
Justin

I had the same info however.... I can't verify it anywhere yet I can verify other figures from various publications and websites including a sweedish or was it german print paper showing worldwide figures for the black and gul.

Andrew.

lance
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 12:29

A bit of t cut should sort it!

If not I wonder if he wants to flog a couple of them titans

Andrew
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 12:32
oh and from our own experiences here - it shows the black T-5Rs are much harder to come by.

lance
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 13:04
I agree I havent seen as many black ones as yellow and green, Somebody could be hidding them, I wish it twas me! In fact I have only ever seen 1. and a picture of 1 on Ebay.

Justin
Tuesday 12th July 2005, 13:30
Sure Andrew, i hear what your saying, but there are so many myths out there, if someone can prove the figures volvo gave me wrong, im listening :)