PDA

View Full Version : Engine safe mode ?

jackal2513
Friday 1st August 2008, 17:37
my v70 seems to randomly boot into safe mode where revs are limited to about 1800 ?

the car therefore wont go about about 30mph and it crawls alomng and takes an age to get away from being parked

i was having idling problems so my guess is the car thinks its best to put the engine into some sort of safety mode ?

can anyone shed any light on this ... is there a way to disable it ?

thanks

R

Rufe
Friday 1st August 2008, 20:36
really its a case of getting your DTC's read mate, to find the reason for this. when it gos into limp home mode there will defintely be codes thrown up to say why.

what year is the car, is it a ME7 do you know? (ie 1999> P1 blue badge on grille). if so then it could well be ETM failure, sounds charachteristic of the fault from what you say. though if it is this then you may be in luck as it can be a nice and more importantly free fix from volvo at the dealers. They will remove the ETM and clean it, then refit and upgrade the ECU with some updated software, all under warranty. however if the ETM has failed completely then they dont cover that, but they do supply them at reduced rate.

MARKY70RRR
Monday 4th August 2008, 20:53
wot do you do to find out about etm fingy and to get it checked out who you speak too n stuff

mickhoon
Monday 4th August 2008, 21:38
wot do you do to find out about etm fingy and to get it checked out who you speak too n stuff

You don't need to worry about ETM's mate your's aint got one, shes pre ME7 with a throttle cable! Hope she and you are well.

MARKY70RRR
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 19:31
cheers mick thats good and my new baby is very well mate cheers wohoo