PDA

View Full Version : Stainless system

nobananas
Thursday 31st July 2008, 23:01
Anybody heard of/bought/used one of these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-SS-Exhaust-System-98-Up-Volvo-S70-V70-C70-T5R-T5-R_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em14Q2el1318QQh ashZitem160262647936QQitemZ160262647936

Seems quite cheap as it includes downpipe (not sure about price for shipping though) , doesn't say what grade of stainless is used and the tip is a bit blinging but seems half decent.

badger1980
Friday 1st August 2008, 02:16
Hmm it looks to be ok but its far to bling bling and its,expensive to send back if it brakes theres more than enough custom builders over here except 1 company i could mention whos steel certanley dosent last a lifetime lol it says in the there using Mandrel Bent T304 Stainless Steel

Yosser
Friday 1st August 2008, 08:41
I've been following threads on Volvospeed about this exhaust, and the people who've bought it seem quite happy so far.

The guy quoted me $450 for shipping to the UK, so that makes it $800 plus any VAT you get hit with.

It *might* still be cheaper than getting a similar system in the UK, plus you could also order a high flow cat from the same guy for $99.

I haven't ruled out buying one of these, I'm just exploring my shipping options - I have family in the states and they might be able to find a better way to ship it over.

Bluefin
Friday 1st August 2008, 09:34
Iv just orderd one. will have to se if this is going to be a good buy or not? thowe my 2.5" powerflow system has been fine,and realy helped the rica conversion heeps,

Liddo
Friday 1st August 2008, 10:54
Try Blueflame in Skelmersdale in Lancs. Im going to get my C70 2.5" Stainless (same size) from them, and they'll do a custom fit in a day, with mandrel bends, for £375 fitted. Mine will have a lovely DEEP burble, and will be quiet inside (so they say)

:)

Alan M
Friday 1st August 2008, 12:01
That exhaust is a good buy. It has a 3inch downpipe and full 2.5inch system. If the shipping costs were cheaper I would have one myself and get rid of the one I am making. It looks like good quality aswell.

Liddo does that system you are getting include the downpipe aswell??

Alan M
Friday 1st August 2008, 12:22
Would anyone be interested in a group buy for this product?? If it were bought in bulk it may be cheaper to ship and I for one would have the complete system.

Yosser
Friday 1st August 2008, 12:44
Would anyone be interested in a group buy for this product?? If it were bought in bulk it may be cheaper to ship and I for one would have the complete system.

If you reckon you can negotiate a worthwhile discount, then yes - although I'm still investigating importing one by my own route.

Edit: I read on Volvospeed that the seller of these systems was importing them from Europe, so the real answer would be working out where in Europe they're coming from and trying to organise a group buy directly with them.

miltski
Friday 1st August 2008, 13:17
If you reckon you can negotiate a worthwhile discount, then yes - although I'm still investigating importing one by my own route.

Edit: I read on Volvospeed that the seller of these systems was importing them from Europe, so the real answer would be working out where in Europe they're coming from and trying to organise a group buy directly with them.

i bet not only the postage but total cost would be a fair bit cheaper as well..

roll on the investigators to find the source of the shiney pipe!

Alan M
Friday 1st August 2008, 15:06
Right then Miltski the challenge is on, hunt down those exhaust systems, lol. They may be made in Poland, a lot of stainless parts are nowadays.

miltski
Friday 1st August 2008, 15:34
Right then Miltski the challenge is on, hunt down those exhaust systems, lol. They may be made in Poland, a lot of stainless parts are nowadays.

my brother lives in Poland......

ROAD TRIP!!!!!

My T5
Friday 1st August 2008, 15:38
Id be interested in one.Can anyone tell me the cost in gbp to get just the one system all in please???

Yosser
Friday 1st August 2008, 15:48
Well, the system on ebay is $349, he quoted me $450 shipping, so that makes $799.

$799 = £406 roughly, plus whatever customs charges you might have to pay....

My T5
Friday 1st August 2008, 15:50
Sorry,just worked it out.£403! £100 more than a BSR one.Is it worth the extra?Does it come with a de-cat pipe to?The pic seems to show one.

Yosser
Friday 1st August 2008, 16:00
It's a full system including downpipe, but does not include a cat. There is a removeable saction that a cat could be fitted in though, and the same seller sells high flow cats for $99

Alan M
Friday 1st August 2008, 18:53
my brother lives in Poland......

ROAD TRIP!!!!!

See if he can find any local manufacturers if he wont mind. Could be beneficial to a few including yourself.

Alan M
Monday 4th August 2008, 22:21
I'm buying one of these systems!!

brett craig
Monday 4th August 2008, 22:58
thats a very addament statement ! any reason why your so eager ?

Alan M
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 13:10
The reason I am getting one is that they look sooooo good. I have built up the downpipe and high flow cat of my own in 3 inch but after seeing this one I am having it. If you try to find a full mandrell bent 3 inch downpipe in this country your are looking at silly money. This way I get what looks to be an excellent system which I can comment on in about the next month or however long it takes to ship and fit. The welding looks to be excellent aswell plus its been polished, what more can I ask for.

nobananas
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 18:45
The reason I am getting one is that they look sooooo good. I have built up the downpipe and high flow cat of my own in 3 inch but after seeing this one I am having it. If you try to find a full mandrell bent 3 inch downpipe in this country your are looking at silly money. This way I get what looks to be an excellent system which I can comment on in about the next month or however long it takes to ship and fit. The welding looks to be excellent aswell plus its been polished, what more can I ask for.

If you get one Alan let us know how much in total it cost you as I may well have one myself !

Alan M
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 18:51
I will do NB. I may have my downpipe up for grabs if anyone is interested when I get my new one. I may be using the high flow cat from it yet instead of buying another so PM me any offers if anone is interested. Its a full 3inch turbo back downpipe and cat to suit a 16t turbine housing or very very very late 15g turbine housing that is the same as a 16t.

brett craig
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 19:37
if this is the same housing as mine then consider it sold !

if you decide to sell then put me at the front of the que please alan

Alan M
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 19:55
Your top of the list should I not cut it up for parts. Just remind me or keep an eye out should I post otherwise.

polredt5
Tuesday 5th August 2008, 23:25
The guy quoted me 200 dollars to ship to the U.K yesterday?Going to save for one myself me thinks.:-)