PDA

View Full Version : Changing Air Con Receiver Drier

V70Stu
Thursday 31st July 2008, 07:32
Hi,

When changing the coolant at the weekend I noticed that the Air Con Receiver Drier was all bubbled up and slowly dripping!!

My usual mobile guy has said he can empty the system, and supply the receiver drier for me to fit, and then regas (not had a price yet!), however having searched the threads it seems that one side is a normal screwthread and bolt, but the long pipe has a spring loaded bayonet attachment which needs a special tool.

As I do not have the special tool mentioned, I was looking for recommendations for someone in the Kidderminster / Worcester (or Birmingham at a push) area that would be able to change the drier for me.

There were mentions of a "Richard" in a 2005 post, but he's not in the preferred supplier section anymore.

Looking forward to your help

Stu.

jimathan
Friday 1st August 2008, 00:04
I bought the spring lock tools off ebay, they are the same as ford, cost about £10.00 if I can find a link ill post it for you if you wish
Jim

jimathan
Friday 1st August 2008, 00:08
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Springlock-Release-Tools-inc-VAT_W0QQitemZ300216487279QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item3 00216487279&_trksid=p3911.m14.l1318

here ya go