PDA

View Full Version : Strut tower brace

roy chu
Wednesday 30th July 2008, 12:21
Hi all.

I was just wondering if anyone has fitted a Strut Brace to their S60's?

I have found a company that does one in america, but would like to know if there are any companies in the UK which provided this item for the S60.

Kind regards

Roy

volvokid
Wednesday 30th July 2008, 12:56
The R has them fitted as standard Volvo will do a part for it contact Rufe he will help you out.

roy chu
Wednesday 30th July 2008, 14:07
Thanks for the reply Martin... but I have a Volvo S60 R on a 2005 and the strut brace behine the strut Bar I don't have.

But if Rufe can get this then I would be interested in a price. I know volvo did the Strut Brace for the 850 and S / V70's which I put on my last one, but have not heard anything of volvo doing a Strut Brace for the S60.

I will give him a shout anyway.

Thanks

Roy

Rufe
Wednesday 30th July 2008, 14:26
No strut brace was ever fitted as standard to the S60R, and volvo simply dont list them for these cars i am afraid.

sorry but i cant help you with this one

roy chu
Wednesday 30th July 2008, 14:36
No problem, thanks for the prompt reply Rufe.

Roy

volvokid
Wednesday 30th July 2008, 15:02
Why do you need 2? I thought they would both do the same job I know every S60R i've seen has the shorter of the 2 braces thats in your photo

Rufe
Wednesday 30th July 2008, 15:12
the one that they all have fitted is not actually a strut brace, and does not do the same job as a strut brace. its a support bar, but not a strut brace. (these are not solid like a strut brace, they do have play in them to move as they have rubber ends on them.)

there have been people who have modified their bars to make them more rigid, but what effect this has i couldnt say.

heres a kit to do this here:
http://www.quickbrickmotorsports.com/prod_p2strut.html

i have no idea if its any good or not though? maybe some one else who has done this can tel you.