PDA

View Full Version : wishbone poly bushes-any good?

readview
Wednesday 30th July 2008, 08:57
As above really,i keep looking at these and was wondering if anyone here has used them,i'm looking to know how they perform and how well they wear,also crossed my mind as to whether they can be removed and re-used if your ball joint gives up or would they be better fitted to a very early set of wishbones with bolt on ball joints?
Cheers,Adam.

ShadeTek
Wednesday 30th July 2008, 09:39
If you have fitted Scantech or cheap after market control arms, then you'll find the bushes will last about six months before they detach from the arm causing your steering wheel to twitch while braking or accelerating. It's cheaper to fit polybushes than replace the whole arm and the blurb professes all sorts of benefits. I fitted some 3 weeks ago and I can't feel any difference in handling, but then. I don't throw my car about. They are easy to fit and I reckon can be taken off and moved to a different arm without any problems. Wear-wise, it couldn't possibly be any worse than aftermarket arms as they are crap.

nobananas
Wednesday 30th July 2008, 20:50
I replaced mine with poly shortly after fitting the scantech ones (and yes they really do only last 6 months !). I have removed them and swapped them to different arms several times and after a couple of years they show no real signs of deteriation other than the rings splitting a little (but they aren't really needed anyway). I did have a 'how too' in the knowledge section but it got lost in 'the big crash of 2008', don't suppose anybody saved a copy of it ?