PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Cat

grumpybob
Thursday 21st April 2005, 08:43
Hi Folks

http://www.fuelcat.co.uk/mainpage.html

Has anybody used the Fuel Cat, it was advertised recently in Fast and Modified magazine as an octane booster - 95ron in and 100ron out. Does it sound too good to be true! I was v.interested as the price of Optimax has shot up to over 91p in the last week or so and this would be ideal as my car is Rica'd.

Any thoughts or opinions welcome.

cheers

Bob

After_Shock
Thursday 21st April 2005, 08:58
I have read about them in one of the fast car mags about a month back I think, I have no idea how they work and if they did do anything im sure they will have a very limited life.

But unless someone can explain the technical points I think its going to be one of those too good to be true items!

grumpybob
Thursday 21st April 2005, 21:16
Well, as far I am know the unit is a small canister about 7" long that connects inline on the fuel pipe, it contains chemicals that increase the burn level, reducs the temps slightly and lubricates. It lasts for 100,000 miles and can be returned within 5000 miles if you are not happy.

May be worth a shot now that VT have the rolling road sorted so you can check all is well.

Bob

hamish
Thursday 21st April 2005, 21:29
Hi,

I can quite comfortably say that they are the biggest load of toilet that you can buy. It is scientifically proven that they are a RIP OFF.

Regards,
Hamish.

P.S. I've cut one open and there was nothing inside except for P.F.M. (Pure Clucking Magic.)

After_Shock
Thursday 21st April 2005, 21:47
Sounds about right!

Anyone seen those Vortex box things that you add to the exhaust systems that are meant to create a vortex to suck the gases out and increase airflow, are they on similar lines to the fuel cat!?