jonno12
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 14:37
does anyone know where i can get some volvo tools from
the tools i need are a cam shft holder and the head pull down tool

cameron
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 14:42
does anyone know where i can get some volvo tools from
the tools i need are a cam shft holder and the head pull down tool

Why not try Bigrobv70's link in the for sale section.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16137

HTH

Alan M
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 21:23
You can make the pull down tool by drilling out some old plugs and using all thread fitted into them with some flat steel to pull down the cover. You don't need to make a locking tool for the camshafts themselves if you are reoving them then putting them back. Just make sure they are in the right place by maring them up to begin with.

nobananas
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 22:49
To be honest you don't even need anything to pull down the cover (I didn't !). Just go slowly and evenly with the 10 mm bolts and you should be fine (Takes a while though !). As Alan says you only need the camshaft locking tool if you are removing the cam pulleys. If you do need the tool it's fairly easy to make one. You need to get some flat steel bar thats a good fit in the slots on the camshafts then bolts three pieces together to form a 'U' shape. The slots however aren't in line when the cams are timed up, they are exactly horizontal but are staggered so you need to space one down lower than the other by adding washers between ttwo strips of the steel (the bottom half of the 'U' and one of the 'legs'). It's a lot harder to explain than to actually make !