PDA

View Full Version : Alpine headunit set-up question

y2blade
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 13:21
as you will know i fitted this headunit last week http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16175 and it's all fine and dandy, working and sounding great

my query is thus, I was through the settings and came across "bandwidth"- 1 to 4??????? what does that mean and what setting should it be on!?!?

yeah yeah prob a stupid question but "if you dont ask you wont learn"

thankyou in advance

MrP
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 13:59
right,

i cant actually see a bandwidth mentioned in the manual below, but there are a couple of width, or bandwidth options, without know which menu your in, i cant comment.

have a root for yourself

http://www.restricted.alpine-electronics.co.uk/support/ownersdatabase/CDM-7874RB/OM_CDM-7874RB_EN.pdf

thats the manual for you, if you wanna know more, try talking to miamivice on www.talkaudio.co.uk.

he's a certified(certifiable) alpine nut

y2blade
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 14:15
thanks. its the bandwidth that is mentioned on the bass setting page it says bandwidth is adjustable with 4 settings 1 is narrow 4 is widest . . . any clearer? ive left it on number 2 as thats what it was on, just wanted to understand what it ment.

y2blade
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 14:23
the above reply was from memory as my phone wont open pdfs but i do have the manual for it at home . thankyou anyway.

MrP
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 14:41
right, that's effectively a parametric EQ setting, and its altering the "Q" setting.

in english, the bass boost is at a set frequency (60/80/100/120hz)
your changing how wide that boost is (ie are you boosting a very narrow band of bass, or a wider band)

the narrow setting (4) might only effect 110-130hz for the 120hz setting, at its widest (1) it might be doing 80-160hz

have a play and see what you like the best

y2blade
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 14:58
ahh i understand now. . thank you . . this is my first alpine. . always had sony or kenwood in the past and neither had that option so it was new to me. . cheers again matey

MrP
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 15:32
no wurries, like i say, check out www.talkaudio.co.uk, or www.caraudiodirect.co.uk for more info.

miamivice is the font of all knowledge on alpine stuff so its worth asking him if you need to know anything in detail

regards