PDA

View Full Version : 3rd up 4th gear change

Tiny 12
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 11:51
Hi Hi

Yes I have another problem, well its not a problem its more of a niggle!

I was giving my 854 a boot last night and after it when I changed up from 3rd to 4th there is a blip of grinding noise (like blipping an air gun) went it changes up a gear, if you knock the gear out of 3rd just put it in to neutral for a split second then put it in 4th there is no noise. I have tried shifting up and down in all the other gears and it only occurs when going up from 3rd to 4th, I’m confused any idea’s?

Thanks,

kowalski
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 12:24
hi tiny sound like your synchro is getting a bit worn bud presuming you are depressing the clutch fully and the clutch is not the problem maybe a time to start double declutchin like me dear ol dad used to do god rest his soul! could also try a slightly heavier grade oil maybe in your box

Tiny 12
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 12:59
Yea i thought that but then i thought that if the syncro was going it would have showed its self on the down shifts first but they are great!! and its only going up from 3rd to 4th, and if it was a problem with the clutch it would show what ever the gear was!

I will change my gear box oil will be my first task, how much heavyer shall i go?

i thought that it may be somthing to do with the selection process: gate, cables, ect?