PDA

View Full Version : Which suspension kit?????

My T5
Monday 28th July 2008, 19:46
Im going to lower my 850 soon and was wondering what was recommended by other 850 owners.I live on the Isle of Wight and roads are pretty crap to be honest! I normally have a car load of kids who are used to cars with firm rides but i dont want to give them back problems with rock solid suspension!!!
The car currently has 850r suspension on at the moment but its getting a bit tired!! Ive seen the koni set up on ebay but wondered what other people had experienced and could recommend.Thanks in advance for any input.

dooby
Monday 28th July 2008, 20:21
Hiya,

I have the Koni Sports Suspension Kit (yellow shocks) on my 850R estate and it gives good road holding but it can be harsh. From what you've asked for, I don't think I'd recommend it.

Other people have used the Koni FSD shock absorbers (gold) and found them to be good for ride quality. Hopefully one of them will be along in a minute to give their opinion.

Cheers, Pete

entwisi
Monday 28th July 2008, 20:44
I have Weitec Shocks and EiBach springs on my P1 V70, its low... but still quite complient(wife doesn't winge so can't be bad),handling is sure footed, and progressive when it starts to slide, it also handles having my 24Ft caravan on teh back happily and carrying 65litres of LPG in the spare wheel well. It only catches teh mudflaps on speedbumps :D

I'm very happy with my setup, I got it all from AwesomeGTI in manchester who I would also recommend.

nobananas
Monday 28th July 2008, 21:19
The roads round here in the fens are pretty awful too. I had Eibach springs on mine but the ride was far too hard and jarring. I changed to H&R's which seem a bit more forgiving.

My T5
Monday 28th July 2008, 21:23
Cheers guys,what am i expected to pay for these kits?Id rather fork out for a decent setup than be disapionted with a cheaper option.I think the konis on ebay are £438 and believe they are yellow.Is that a fair price???

Pliskin
Monday 28th July 2008, 21:55
Bilsteins and Eibachs on my 96 854 rides really well

entwisi
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 08:09
IIRC my setup cost ~£500 +VAT

Plus fitting of course, done by my local spanner monkey

AndyJudge
Wednesday 30th July 2008, 12:47
Eibach's Pro-Lowering Springs on my Scooby can be a tad hard for the roads around us if that's any help.

I've got a feeling the lack of repairs to the roads is the latest Govt conspiracy to tax us even more, the roads are gonna end up in such a poor state we're all going to have to swap to 4x4's & the Tax then jumps up.