PDA

View Full Version : Grounded C70 T5 Any Ideas on damage

AndyJudge
Monday 28th July 2008, 13:12
Hi All,
Wonder if any of the good people out there can help ?

Last Night I got a call from my wife in a panic that she'd managed to ground the C70 (T5 Convertible) on a kerb & a puddle of fluid had appeared under it !.

When I asked her where it'd grounded she said fron middle & I immediatly thought the worst (Rad, Oil Cooler etc..) & told her that she should call the AA ( Another long saga here)

Anyeay to cut a log story short when the car arrived home (to the Mother-in-Laws) & I had a good look underneath the front of the car was fine with no appearent damage.

Tracing the only fluid that I could find under the car it looks like its dripping from a point prehaps about level with the centre console & the fluid looks to be clear & doesn't feel slipply like I'd expect brake fluid ATF,PAS etc fluids to be. Its not coolant as this is nice & green following its recent RT Mechanics trip.

Anybody any Ideas ? I've got a sneaky suspicion its actually only the condensation from the A/C.

Its going to a friends garage a bit later for a look on the ramps but I'm hoping that he won't find anything untoward.

Obviously the wifes gonna check coolant & Oil levels before she moves the car

Filterlab
Monday 28th July 2008, 13:14
What does the fluid smell of? If it's nothing then it's likely to be the AC system dropping its moisture.

AndyJudge
Monday 28th July 2008, 13:23
Didn't smell of anything, looked to have black flecks in it but don't quote me on that as it could've been dirt off the bed of the lorry

Filterlab
Monday 28th July 2008, 13:31
Just keep an eye on it for a few days, chances are the liquid you saw was just from the evaporator and the grounding was simply on the splash guard.

C70Dan
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 08:13
Bless those wives eh? Your lucky, mine wouldn't have said anything. Any bumps, scrapes and scratches that appear on the other car don't get brought into conversation unless I notice them. Aswell as the old classic of "it's made that noise for weeks". Although the Mondeo Ghia x is worth more than the C70, I won't let her drive my baby.

AndyJudge
Wednesday 30th July 2008, 12:37
All's well with the car, the water was indeed from the Air Con & the results of the grounding can be seen on the 2 Cross members under the car (bit of scratching on them), no doubt Russ will spot it on the next service.

Complaint is also going into the AA around the disgusting time they took to come out to 2 women & 2 Children Stuck in the car.

AndyJudge
Wednesday 30th July 2008, 12:40
they were left for nearly 3Hrs stuck at the side of a busy road waiting for anybody. what's more the AA gave the recovery company the wrong location for the car as well, the AA callout sheet gave them as being located 10miles further down the A12 than they actually were.

Not Happy

Andy

Filterlab
Wednesday 30th July 2008, 12:45
AA suck, luckily round this way they send out Fawngrove Group whom are nothing short of outstanding and very helpful.