PDA

View Full Version : Front door card removal

Al115
Monday 28th July 2008, 07:22
What's the easiest and safest (ie non-damaging) way to remove front door cards from a Phase 2 V70?

I know how to do them on Phase 1s... never tried with the newer cars though and don't want to break anything!

I need to find out why the door speaker is intermittent, you see..!

S60-MBS
Monday 28th July 2008, 07:40
What's the easiest and safest (ie non-damaging) way to remove front door cards from a Phase 2 V70?

I know how to do them on Phase 1s... never tried with the newer cars though and don't want to break anything!

I need to find out why the door speaker is intermittent, you see..!

Hi AL,
You will need the carefully prise off the plastic trim from door grab handles,then use T25 torx driver to remove the screws ..around the edges of the door there are plastic rivit like thingys (no idea what they called) if you press in the centre then they will easily pop out.remove the mirror trim carefully by prising out.then life slightly the door card and pull toward yourself..inside there will be 3 electical connectors,1 for tweeter,1 for main speaker and 1 for locks remove these ,the door lock mechanism pops out from holder very easily.after doing all this the door card should be free to take anywhere.

S60-MBS
Monday 28th July 2008, 07:44
Even better try this

http://vccs.volvocars.se/accessories/ii/vccsMawebTransform.asp?type=html&uid=9ffa94d9-e4f6-492a-9130-e6710d02f9af&culturecode=en-GB

Al115
Monday 28th July 2008, 08:08
Mate that is brilliant.

MANY THANKS :)

RaVolvoR
Monday 28th July 2008, 12:36
Just be aware this may introduce a fault code in the ECU... yes its mad but my V70 had the nearside window broken (Accidental damage not theft or anyting like that!). The glass has been fixed but when I wento dealer for an engine cut out problem the only fault they could find was the near side door card had been removed.... obviously to fit new glass!

Its never caused a problem that I have seen, but why would Volvo want to track this in the ECU? Its also worth noting that my nearside window will "auto" down (full open after a once second press on button) but not up... you have to hold button all the time glass is moving, never really been bothered to have this re-set if that even possible, nor have the faults been cleared either that I'm aware of.

Not saying this will affect your car but its a possibility!

Al115
Monday 28th July 2008, 13:51
Crikey! I had no idea!

Gonna try it anyway and will post back here if problems result...

S60-MBS
Monday 28th July 2008, 14:02
Just be aware this may introduce a fault code in the ECU... yes its mad but my V70 had the nearside window broken (Accidental damage not theft or anyting like that!). The glass has been fixed but when I wento dealer for an engine cut out problem the only fault they could find was the near side door card had been removed.... obviously to fit new glass!

Its never caused a problem that I have seen, but why would Volvo want to track this in the ECU? Its also worth noting that my nearside window will "auto" down (full open after a once second press on button) but not up... you have to hold button all the time glass is moving, never really been bothered to have this re-set if that even possible, nor have the faults been cleared either that I'm aware of.

Not saying this will affect your car but its a possibility!

That usually happens if you leave key in ignition..I recently changed door cards on my S60 no problems at all..if you want to be safe just remove battery neg lead.

RaVolvoR
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 14:00
That usually happens if you leave key in ignition..I recently changed door cards on my S60 no problems at all..if you want to be safe just remove battery neg lead.

Ah thats possible! I wasn't there when car was fixed so who knows.. anyway the tip on battery lead make sense, no power = no signal = nothing changes (hopefully!)