PDA

View Full Version : WHY does the alarm KEEP GOING OFF???

Al115
Monday 28th July 2008, 07:21
We have a 2000 (P2) V70 T5 and the alarm keeps activating for "no reason". No mobile phones in the car. Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this - does this generation of car have a similar weakness to the "850 coin tray" issue?

The problem is (according to my mother) officially now An Annoyance - so any help would be gratefully received! :)

S60-MBS
Monday 28th July 2008, 08:43
We have a 2000 (P2) V70 T5 and the alarm keeps activating for "no reason". No mobile phones in the car. Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this - does this generation of car have a similar weakness to the "850 coin tray" issue?

The problem is (according to my mother) officially now An Annoyance - so any help would be gratefully received! :)

Check the under plastic panel in the centre of roof inside car..there is a module there called the Mass movement sensor this often causes false alarms if it becomes dislodged .

Al115
Monday 28th July 2008, 09:16
Ooh, good tip. Thanks. I had a look, nothing much seemed amiss except that the headlining clip in front of the sensor had become detached. So I re-attached it...

Alarm set, we'll see what happens!

Al115
Monday 28th July 2008, 18:03
Alarm's been on all day without going off... this might have fixed it!

Many thanks guys.

V70R
Monday 28th July 2008, 21:28
Hi
recently had this on my V70. The plastic cover inside was only an issue on 2001/2002 models. The dealer will tell you to check all doors, boot and bonnet, then if that doesnt work they run a check to find the fault code. Mine was the actual alarm module itself. From memory about £150 quid,

wegal
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 08:36
On mine it was the mass sensor, it started after that plastic roof panel got dislodged and just got worse and worse in the end it had a new sensor fitted.

C70Dan
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 09:01
I've got a C70 and the dealer told me not to put any coins in the coin holder or anything metallic in the ashtray as it could set off the alarm. Mind you, after having to keep putting petrol in it, I don't have any spare coins anymore!