PDA

View Full Version : what discs and pads?

Jocksuper7
Sunday 27th July 2008, 19:53
well the time has come for me to sort out the pretty poor stopping power on the T4, I want a decent set of pad like green stuff or the like and i want drilled or groved discs but dont want to end up with a piss poor copy set that will warp in minutes flat when i get in to a bit of shall we say adventurous driving, i wanna change the fonts at the mo the backs are standard and recently been done, or do i have to do them all in a onner?, what do peeps think and what parts would you recommend and where to get them from?

Kal
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 19:20
I bought a set of Black Diamond grooved discs for mine with EBC green stuff pads!
Did Nurbergring with em and they were superb, only thing i did find is until the get really warm when pushing them they can vibrate quite a bit which is a bit worrying to start but once warmed up couldn't fault em!

CONDYBOY
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 21:41
I bought a set of Black Diamond grooved discs for mine with EBC green stuff pads!
Did Nurbergring with em and they were superb, only thing i did find is until the get really warm when pushing them they can vibrate quite a bit which is a bit worrying to start but once warmed up couldn't fault em!

Shouldn't get any vibration at all! sounds like a slightly warped disc(poss just not seated right)! The fact that it disasapears when warmed up just sounds like brakefade, I'd get them checked if it was me.

Kal
Tuesday 29th July 2008, 22:02
Shouldn't get any vibration at all! sounds like a slightly warped disc(poss just not seated right)! The fact that it disasapears when warmed up just sounds like brakefade, I'd get them checked if it was me.

Certainly didn't get any brake fade, they got stronger the harder you pushed em!! Don't get any vibration under normal driving but when on a track they seemed to take a while to get going, but once at high temp you couldn't fault em!!!