PDA

View Full Version : servo removal

k999ste
Wednesday 20th April 2005, 23:27
I have been skinned on both arms both sets of knuckles and have been bent up into more obscure positions than harry houdini today attempting to remove my servo, i now need help!

I released the pedal box side and all the couplings, master cylinder, engine mounts and even removed the heat sheilds fron the manifold, as i withdrew the servo it hit the head :troutslap and i hit mine, 5hs being ultra careful and this happens, i have looked at the setup and there appears to be no way to gain the extra clearance to remove it without either, :slap: dropping the subframe and tilting the engine or removing the head, either of these is too big a job for me at home so can anyone suggest a better way if there is one, i cant see a way of removing the piston link arm that goes to the pedal either.

k999ste
Thursday 21st April 2005, 22:50
come on dudes has no one got a haynes to have a quick peek for me? pleeeeezzzzeee :jaw:

siamblue
Friday 22nd April 2005, 02:01
In the haynes it says,

5 DISCONNECT THE WIRING CONNECTOR FROM THE BRAKE PEDAL POSITION SENSOR,

6 RELEASE THE WIRING LOOM AND DUCTING AROUND THE SERVO,

7 REMOVE LOWER DRIVERS FACIA TRIM,

8 DOSCONECT THE SERVO PUSHROD AND LINKAGE FROM THE BRAKE PEDAL BY REMOVING THE RETAINING CLIP.

9 UNDO THE 4 NUTS THEN REMOVE THE SERVO FROM THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT,RECOVER THE O RING SEAL BETWEEN THE SERVO AND BULKHEAD.

k999ste
Friday 22nd April 2005, 07:15
I too have read this paragraph, however the phase two engine is much larger than my classic v70 t5 and it will not clear the engine like the early one would, i am thinking of the link arm that goes to the pedal will have to be removed somehow, it seems like you have to bang a drawing pin in with a 40lb lump hammer to get this job done, its rediculous. I have rang the scarp yards and a couple of contacts and they all say the only time that they have dont this job the engine was already out, so i am no furhteron.

The phase 2 car is not as easy to work on from 2000 on, would keep the older one but just had this one rica'd so have got to sort this out.

Has anyone got a good volvo contact anywhere as the dealers "need to see the car" ££££££££££££!! to tell me how it is done, thanks for the help.

siamblue
Friday 22nd April 2005, 10:15
Phone Dave Pengelly in Notts,Anyone got his number for this chap ?

HuskMan
Friday 22nd April 2005, 10:20
His number is 0115 9781117.

Don't mess him around as I don't want him upset. I'm beginning to rely on this guru and such a nice man t'boot.

Mention the site as he may be a little confused as to why a Cheshire-ite would call...

k999ste
Monday 25th April 2005, 02:30
thanks for the help dudes and dudesses, the engine needs to be moved to remove the servo, either dropping the subframe or indeed removing all of the engine mounts and getting Garth to pull it forward to give the space to remove it! not a DIY job i have to say.

siamblue
Monday 25th April 2005, 02:56
Damn thats a bummer,Glad we were of help in a way,Hope you get it sorted soon,

Gary