PDA

View Full Version : Am I a complete pov?

DaveT5
Saturday 26th July 2008, 22:43
I listed a thread a few weeks ago about converting my front windows from manual to electric. Every single 850 I have seen since has electric windows as standard. Mine is an 850 T5 on an 'M' plate. Its had a few mods including chip, boost valve, air filter/exhaust etc and is fantastically quick but I just cant get used to using 'keep fit' windows. Shouldnt all T5's have electric windows as standard (mine has electric sunroof and passenger mirror only).

Tomcat - hope you are enjoying the alloys!

Tomcat
Saturday 26th July 2008, 22:52
Wotcha Dave, just er...sold the alloys, I decided they weren't for me this time.

There where several spec's of T5, not all of them came with electric windows, however if you want to fit them it's fairly straight forward to do.

roy chu
Sunday 27th July 2008, 09:47
I thought it was standard for the 850's to have at least Front electric windows, I know they had the optional extra of the one side view mirror being electic which was bizarre.

If it was a GLT I think they were standard for front and not for back... It was the GLE which had it all in it, as for the SE that the one which also came with front only electric windows.

I had a 850 1993 GLT which only had front electric windows. Get ringing around the breakers for switches and wiring looms... check if the looms are ready and waiting first, otherwise the cost might not make good sense.