PDA

View Full Version : window tints

miltski
Saturday 26th July 2008, 14:39
I'm thinking about some tints as the baby seat is often on one side of the car and the bubs seems to get the full brunt of the sun(when it is actually out)

and thinking of getting some tints, problem is i'm tight and was wondergin if anyone had any experience of the pre cut jobbies you can get on fleabay, ie are they any good?

tingy
Saturday 26th July 2008, 15:09
there prolly great if a profesional fits them but absolulty impossible for the mear mortal to do them without ripples and kinks everywhere

Tomcat
Saturday 26th July 2008, 15:45
I've used pre cut kits twice now and had very few problems, the tint is good quality and fits pretty well. If you patient, carefull and you keep everything spotless then it's not too difficult to do. The guy I bought mine off on Ebay is a top bloke, I recently fitted some tint to my latest car but when I was doing the rear window I missed some dirt which got trapped under the film( I made a mess of it basicaly), so I emailed the guy asking for a price for a replacement peice for the back window. A week or so later I got another full car set off him for free!, how's that for looking after your customers?..

If your interested in doing it let me know and I'll find his username for you.

S70T5Chris
Saturday 26th July 2008, 16:05
I've got a set of the pre-cut tints off ebay for my S40. I was gonna do it myself, but I rekon i'll make a hash of it, so i'm gonna get a pro to do it for me!

volvokid
Saturday 26th July 2008, 17:40
I got the pros to do mine they took all my windows out bloody good job they made.

CONDYBOY
Saturday 26th July 2008, 21:12
If you diy it, remove the glass and fit the tint underwater and squeegy them, but for god sake make sure you don't have any bloody animal hairs around from dogs or cats.lol

miltski
Saturday 26th July 2008, 21:42
i think it might be a pro jobbie then lol!

Tomcat
Saturday 26th July 2008, 21:54
Why take the glass out??, it's easy to do it when it's in place, just pick a day when it's not windy,use plenty of soapy water and it's a piece of cake.

roy chu
Saturday 26th July 2008, 22:45
Its well worth payin a couple of hundred for it to be done properly.

They usually take the door cards off to do the windows... the higher price is when companies take the windows out and bake the stuff on.

I had this done on my S60 R from Pentagon... cost me a lot.

For my V70 T5, I had it done at Armoured Glazing Films, in Oldbury in Birmingham... the guys name is Mark, did a great job. Cost me £200 and that was going back about 5 years.

There is more competition now, so hopefully, so beware of cowboys.

Tomcat
Saturday 26th July 2008, 22:48
I did mine myself...it cost me £40 and it looks great.

Volvo Family
Monday 28th July 2008, 11:18
Depending on your car Volvo do some really good sun blinds. Cover the whole window and can be removed in 10 secs. I've fitted them on all 3 windows in the cargo bay of my V70 and leave them in all the time. I fit the rear door windows only when it's hot as the kids moan about not being able to see out as well.

You can get them from PFV but I think Rufe does them cheaper.

miltski
Monday 28th July 2008, 11:21
Depending on your car Volvo do some really good sun blinds. Cover the whole window and can be removed in 10 secs. I've fitted them on all 3 windows in the cargo bay of my V70 and leave them in all the time. I fit the rear door windows only when it's hot as the kids moan about not being able to see out as well.

You can get them from PFV but I think Rufe does them cheaper.

ah thats right i remember something about them, i had blinds in the rear doors and back window on the bm, only thing is i didn't think they did a blind for the estate back windows.

if anyone can advise otherwise that would be great

freaky fingers
Monday 28th July 2008, 12:10
matt black paint is cheaper, true a few brush marks but hey :duck:

Volvo Family
Monday 28th July 2008, 12:21
These are the cargo aea blinds for the P2 http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=29_781_780&products_id=3984

I got mine here but am sure Rufe subsequently mentioned doing them for less. I also have a set for the rear of my S60 and the're great.

miltski
Monday 28th July 2008, 12:34
These are the cargo aea blinds for the P2 http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=29_781_780&products_id=3984

I got mine here but am sure Rufe subsequently mentioned doing them for less. I also have a set for the rear of my S60 and the're great.

ooh i like them, shame i got a p1 thought :(