PDA

View Full Version : recirc valve

alan
Wednesday 20th April 2005, 18:56
if this part is not workin right would it cause the car to suffer turbo stall for about a second. the turbo seems fine as it spools up well and delivers good power. this lag only happens when you are going hard between gears, ie going hard in first and changin into second, :rally_dri the car seems not to be gettin rid of the excess air pressure.

hopes this makes some sense. any help would be really gratefull

alan

Ross9
Wednesday 20th April 2005, 20:08
Yes it would cause compressor stall if the standard DV wasn't working and was staying closed.

The air would bounce of the closed throttle plate as you let off and try and spin the blades the other way, stopping it and as you say then making it lag a bit when you get back on the pedal.

Ross

alan
Wednesday 20th April 2005, 21:58
ah well what an excuse for a dump valve. the car only has 80k on clock so think turbo should deff be fine.

regards
alan

craig
Wednesday 20th April 2005, 22:05
my standard t5 obviously has no dump valve ,what exactly is the advantage of having one appart from sounding cool?

fraz13
Wednesday 20th April 2005, 22:09
Am sellin mine if anyones interested :haha:

Look here (http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1540)

nikgallagher
Thursday 21st April 2005, 08:05
my standard t5 obviously has no dump valve ,what exactly is the advantage of having one appart from sounding cool?

Sounding cool? Hmmm...

Mrsmopp
Thursday 21st April 2005, 09:15

I'd also like to know the answer to this!!!!

Come on DV boys fight yer corner! LOL

x

fraz13
Thursday 21st April 2005, 09:21
I'd also like to know the answer to this!!!!

Come on DV boys fight yer corner! LOL

x

Am sorry but a only bought a T5 because a could fit a DV :slap: hahaha

A just wanted a turbo but needin an auto theres not much choice, so there ye go, they sound cool so a bought a Volvo hahah

p.s. Am so glad a did, fantastic cars n a fantastic community we got here :remybussi :hug:

Mrsmopp
Thursday 21st April 2005, 09:24
Am sorry but a only bought a T5 because a could fit a DV :slap: hahaha

A just wanted a turbo but needin an auto theres not much choice, so there ye go, they sound cool so a bought a Volvo hahah

p.s. Am so glad a did, fantastic cars n a fantastic community we got here :remybussi :hug:

But what do you gain from a DV - performance wise etc?

x

P.S we're glad you did too :B_steerin

x

fraz13
Thursday 21st April 2005, 09:30
But what do you gain from a DV - performance wise etc?

x

P.S we're glad you did too :B_steerin

x

A dont think its gained anything in performance TBH, loads of ppl say they actually lose some but they sound well cool :haha:

P.S AWWWWWWWWWWW :lovestory :bounce:

Mrsmopp
Thursday 21st April 2005, 09:31
LOL!! Ok thats cleared that up for me then!! :B_rotfl:

x