PDA

View Full Version : v70 electric window fault

adam280
Friday 25th July 2008, 19:06
Hi. can anybody help. my windows packed up last week the master switch just makes a clicking noise, none of the windows work even with there own switches. just bought a second hand switch pack thinking it was that and it is the same, do you think its a dodgy unit or could it be something else . cheers Adam

Rufe
Friday 25th July 2008, 19:50
usually the switch mate, pretty common. only thing with 2nd hand is you dont know if it was any good or not.

badger1980
Sunday 27th July 2008, 01:27
save buying new switches have u tryed cleaning the contacts of the old switch if the switch isnt working it sounds like a fuse or the window control unit if theres one fitted but i aint sure

Rufe
Sunday 27th July 2008, 11:10
for the record the window control unit is the drivers side switch pack.

there are fuses but they are not usuallly a problem, but yes they are worth checking of course

freaky fingers
Sunday 27th July 2008, 14:37
they are known due to static to collect a lot of dust that interferes with the connection.

Have a look if it's fulla dust then clean and try, they do give up it is a known fault and whilst second hand might be a good buy if your selling the car I would if I was keeping the car get a new one.

adam280
Wednesday 6th August 2008, 22:11
fitted a second hand one still the same so sent it back and they have tested it today and it works perfect. if its not the switch pack what can it be?

SAMXPJ
Monday 11th August 2008, 02:23
Have you checked the relay, what year is your V series as I may have the relay #.