PDA

View Full Version : What seats will fit a late 2000 V70

Porcine_Aviator
Thursday 24th July 2008, 22:57
This may sound odd, but I wonder if anyone knows if the seats from a newer V70 will fit in mine.

The problem with the ones that Volvo fit is simple, my wife is not a 6 foot tall Swede with shoulders like a cross country skier. She's 4'.10" and the head rest pushes her head forward onto her chest giving her really bad neck pain.

We didn't have the problem with the 850, but traveling any distance causes a lot of pain. I did notice a V70 on eBay with the headrest in the upright position, but I can't get our headrests to move, there are no buttons on the back of the seat, just holes where they should be.

So it looks like a seat replacement is the only way I can go, but there aren't to many V70s in scrap yards and I don't want to buy new seats.

So if anyone has any ideas I would be grateful.

Cheers.

volvokid
Thursday 24th July 2008, 23:10
Have you tried sitting in a P2 V70 yet? I know my dads S60R has the sports seats but I’m sure the head rests would be the same and they stick out a lot more than the ones on your style of V70 I’m sure they wouldn’t be comfy for your wife, I know my aunt didn't like my dads seat due to this problem and she’s tiny too lol. I don’t think any of Volvos front headrests are designed to be adjustable.

Porcine_Aviator
Thursday 24th July 2008, 23:39
Thanks Martyn, I'll have a look at them. It looks like my other half is going to be sitting in quite a few cars over the next few weeks.

The V50 seats are okay, but I think the garage might just notice if I swapped them for mine :parhmph:

http://st-austell-road-wsm.co.uk/images/v70aber.jpg

volvokid
Friday 25th July 2008, 19:15
Is that you car in the pic?

Rufe
Friday 25th July 2008, 20:02
how about changing the wife for a 6'0 swedish blonde? lol

sorry joking aside, how about using one of these and adjusting the seat, may be a big help perhaps. (can get you a price on monday if you want?)

allthouhh not certain, i would say theres probably no hope for fitting p2 seats into a p1 - and like said above, probably wouldnt solve the problem anyway.

Padded Neck Cushion:
http://vccs.volvocars.se/accessories/cat/images/P2X/0900c8af8179a5be.jpg
From volvo genuine catalogue, click here... (http://vccs.volvocars.se/accessories/cat/en-GB/P2X/comfort/comfort-cushion/VCC-249588.htm)

Porcine_Aviator
Friday 25th July 2008, 20:16
Is that you car in the pic?

Yep that's Christine :mad111:

Porcine_Aviator
Friday 25th July 2008, 20:28
how about changing the wife for a 6'0 swedish blonde? lol
how about using one of these and adjusting the seat, may be a big help perhaps. (can get you a price on monday if you want?)

allthouhh not certain, i would say there's probably no hope for fitting p2 seats into a p1 - and like said above, probably wouldn't solve the problem anyway.

Padded Neck Cushion:

Thanks Rufe, I'm not sure if that would work, a six foot Swedish Blonde would just about finish me off :hidesbehi
To add to that if she didn't, my other half would do the rest.

The cushion wouldn't solve the problem, if you look at your picture, my other half head rests on the bottom of the headrest, this pushes her head forward, so the neck cushion wouldn't help as her head would still be be pushed down.

Can you get me a price for one anyway, I'll have a word with her and ask her if it would work.

Mind you she's looking at some heavy duty foam and cutting it to shape, then covering it with some material we have.

volvokid
Friday 25th July 2008, 21:10
Well thats a P2 model then and your seat will be the same as the last ones anyway unless they changed them did they?

Porcine_Aviator
Friday 25th July 2008, 22:44
I'm not sure hence the question. I had heard that the seats were changed because there were a lot of complaints about them. But I'm not sure if it was from the P1 to the P2 and if it was then I will have to see if the P1s will be better for her.

This car is starting to look like a money pit, memories of a Land Rover are looming :-)

http://st-austell-road-wsm.co.uk/images/v70aber.jpg:wallbash: