PDA

View Full Version : s80 geartronic dtc reset codes help

les & reilly
Wednesday 23rd July 2008, 03:15
hi all,

wondering if anyone can help me.

i have repaired a cable fault in my s80 t6 geartronic and the fault still hasnt corrected itself.

does the gearbox tcm/ecu dtc`s have to be read and cleared/reset for the fault to go to get the gearbox working back to normal?

i have a obd2 reader which only reads engine codes which i have reset only clearing the mil light to go out.

does this mean the gearbox will not go right without a gearbox code reader reset even though i have repaired the fault.

any feedback would be most welcome, as my dealer is 50 miles away and my car wil only do 20mph !!

thanks in advance

les

S60-MBS
Wednesday 23rd July 2008, 20:15
hi all,

wondering if anyone can help me.

i have repaired a cable fault in my s80 t6 geartronic and the fault still hasnt corrected itself.

does the gearbox tcm/ecu dtc`s have to be read and cleared/reset for the fault to go to get the gearbox working back to normal?

i have a obd2 reader which only reads engine codes which i have reset only clearing the mil light to go out.

does this mean the gearbox will not go right without a gearbox code reader reset even though i have repaired the fault.

any feedback would be most welcome, as my dealer is 50 miles away and my car wil only do 20mph !!

thanks in advance

les

You can always try removing battery overnight..may just do the trick..what year is the car?

les & reilly
Thursday 24th July 2008, 09:31
my s80 is a 1999 t reg. i found a black earth lead from the gearbox to be open circuit. it joined with other earths and ground to the body beside the washer fill bottle/power steering reservoir.
the gears are still the same as if the fault hadnt been fixed.
i have recently dicsovered how to read the codes by holding in the read botton on the left hand indicator stalk and tapping the rear foglight switch twice. it looks like there has been fault codes stored and wondered if these have to be cleared/reset to get the gearbox working again.
i only have one forward gear max 20mph, regardless what the gear display says, and if i go above 22mph it jumps into a neutral then engine management light illuminates. as if its still stuck in limp home mode