PDA

View Full Version : V70 2001 Central Locking Motor Unit Removal/Replacement

richiemat
Tuesday 22nd July 2008, 10:10
Posted on this before the forum went down, couldnt find much on it other than how to remove the door card and finally got round to changing my NSF central lock on Sunday. The button on the door lock had been locking from the remote but then popping back up straight away. I understand from Rufe that this used to happen quite a bit on these models at the time the dealers changed a few of these.

It wasn't a particularly difficult job to do just fiddly, quick summary of how i did it:

1. Find all the circular clips around the perimeter of the door card and push in the centres of the clips(smaller circle shape).
2. Gently prise off the door handle with a wide blade or screwdriver from the underside so you cant see any marks when you put it all back together, beneath this there are 2 stardrive screws to remove.
3. Extract the door clips completely and keep them safely
4. Unclick the interior door handle cable from the door card - just pulling it seems to release it
4. The door card can now be removed slightly from the door after you have disconnected the electrics one by one without letting the door card hang from them.
5. Pull the foam covering back from the door allowing you to see part of the lock
6. Loosen off the 3 stardrive bolts holding the motor mechanism in place
7. You will see that the window channel guide will be restricting the locks movement, locate the base of it inside the door and you will see that it is riveted in place.
8. Drill the rivet out using a 6mm drill bit
9. The window guide is now loose at the base, you will need to lift it gently to allow the motor to be extracted (check the glass is fully up)
10. Unclip the pushrods from the motor mechanism and push the window guide out of the way (double make sure the glass is fully up!)
11. The motor should now be loose enough to remove unclip the electrical connection and extract from the door.

This took about an hour to do and replace and was more fiddly than difficult. Make sure on reassembly that the push rod that connects the door handle to the motor mechanism has enough travel on it to operate properly before refitting the door card.

I Hope this is useful :Handshake