PDA

View Full Version : R emblems

volvokid
Monday 21st July 2008, 00:11
Does anyone know were I can get little R emblems from? there for the inside of my Speedo dials like the P2 R’s have?

MisterC1501
Friday 25th July 2008, 12:18
I personally wouldn't bother, simply because if people notice a 'non-standard' fitment on the clocks then it may give suspicion as too if the clocks have been tampered with.....ie, mileage clocked, even though it is a digital readout.

This begs the question " can digital odemeters be clocked??"

Babybadger
Friday 25th July 2008, 12:36
I have mine up to 'R' spec now, but refuse to have any badges on mine except 'Volvo' and '850'. It used top have 'turbo' on the back and that just made me see red and every boy racer in the area wanted a 0-60 dash with me. They just looked shocked now when they only see the blue smoke in the distance of Goodyear Eagle, as it changes up to second.......

I may put a '2.0' on mine just to take the pi**

volvokid
Friday 25th July 2008, 19:05
I personally wouldn't bother, simply because if people notice a 'non-standard' fitment on the clocks then it may give suspicion as too if the clocks have been tampered with.....ie, mileage clocked, even though it is a digital readout.

I bought the silver rings to go round my dials so i'll have to open it anyway I won't bother with the badges, people will just have to trust me if i ever sell it lol.

Yeah digital can be done and in some case easier than analoge i seen it on tv they done it on a new merc it took 2 mins lol.

volvokid
Friday 25th July 2008, 19:10
I may put a '2.0' on mine just to take the pi**

My dad done that on his 855 T5 and that’s tuned yeah it was funny, now i made him put a T5-R badge on it that was years ago stupid really but none Volvo owners don’t know the difference but it does have the R front spoiler and his Pegasus alloys from his S60R on it.

abdul
Friday 25th July 2008, 19:43

yes digital odemeters can be clocked

mickhoon
Friday 25th July 2008, 20:38
http://www.ipdusa.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=0&P_ID=2051&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=41

If you're handy with a sharpie you can black out the centre, i used one on my momo handbrake gaitor looked great! You'd have to remove the pin of course, hope thats a useful suggestion Martyn, regards.

volvokid
Friday 25th July 2008, 20:59
http://www.ipdusa.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=0&P_ID=2051&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=41

If you're handy with a sharpie you can black out the centre, i used one on my momo handbrake gaitor looked great! You'd have to remove the pin of course, hope thats a useful suggestion Martyn, regards.

Bloody hell Mick you read my mind I did think of getting 2 of them, but wasn't sure how it would look in the flesh are they nice looking? How would I go about installing them if I used supper glue I would only get one chance of getting it rite and the chemicals in the glue may take an adverse affect on the Speedo...?

volvokid
Friday 25th July 2008, 21:02
Mick how much was your shipping charges from the states?

volvokid
Friday 25th July 2008, 21:18
WOW I tried to order them but the shipping price was going to be $71.77 I think I will need more than 2 little badges that will be shipped in a little envelope before I pay that

mickhoon
Monday 28th July 2008, 17:44
yeah mate when i got mine they were with a load of other gear, buuuut when they came they are a volvo accessory so ask rufe if he can get hod of 'em, I know for certain i have two spare pins knocking around somewhere as i bought three ( expected more hassle fitting one to leather than it actually was) but they're buried in my upside down house at the mo! they do look mint tho especially with the middle blacked out!

crappy pic but you get the idea(btw this is marky's car now)

mickhoon
Monday 28th July 2008, 17:46
I would use 3m double sided tape to fix em with the proper alcohol wipes and looots of patience!!!

volvokid
Monday 28th July 2008, 18:58
I'll ask rufe thank again Mick