PDA

View Full Version : Rear Spoiler and front wing fitting

folfomon
Saturday 19th July 2008, 23:26
Hi all :)

My first post on this section so please be gentle with me lol

I have a 94 T5 which is in need of much TLC - I have given her a full valet and her inners have come up a treat - but the body work is a mess - dent in rear passenger door, dent in passenger front wing and a few scrapes on the bumpers. On top of this the bonnet, roof and tops of doors have been damages by what looks like paint stripper - apparently somethings sprayed off the back of a lorry over the car in 2002 and the insurance wouldnt cough up so it was never sorted.

To save money ( I only paid £600 for the car!) I've decided to replace the bonnet, door and wing - but trying to find out if changin the wing is a big job?

Also, there is no spoiler on the back - I see there are a few on ebay are they easy to fit and does any drilling need to take place?

I'm tempted to spray the roof black, along with the wing mirrors and alloys - has anyone done this already - or am I the only mad one on the site!

any help appreciated

Folfomon

folfomon
Saturday 19th July 2008, 23:49
By the way this is my project T5, the stains on the bonnet are the sections of paint which have come off! - I have already blacked the grille and it looks great.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=18&pictureid=129

nobananas
Saturday 19th July 2008, 23:58
Changing the wing should be easy, it all just unbolts along the top lip and probably a few in the door shut and behind the bumper but nowt should be tricky. Stick an ad in the wanted section as there is always guys on here breaking them as sadly they are worth more these days in pieces than sold complete. !

Tomcat
Sunday 20th July 2008, 00:37
Fitting a rear spoiler is a doddle, it's a bolt on job. The fitting kit is available from the dealers if the one you buy doesn't come with one.

folfomon
Monday 21st July 2008, 23:54
cheers for the help

folfomon
Thursday 24th July 2008, 00:16
got a wing today - exact paint match - just a shame that bonnet and rear door were dented or I'd be half way there lol

Have decided against spraying roof black - decided to colour coordinate in silver and add some red detailing on brake calipers ect

would it be useful if I photographed the stages of replacing the wing and post to here?

Folfomon