PDA

View Full Version : True Figures For Rica'd T5 Please

CAMO
Tuesday 19th April 2005, 21:47
Now lads you can't kid a kidder!
What are the true fuel consumption figures for a rica car to a non- rica car if the driving styles are the same. Some folkes are stating that the fuel consumption is better having it done, however i am some what doubtfull at this statement, as I know you don't get owt-for-nowt. I know from my R.S. ford days having it sorted killed the wallet at fuel intervals.
So come on be honest with me now, and lets be knowning???? :bounce:

Andrew
Tuesday 19th April 2005, 22:10
I can't say it's any better although others will (1-3mpg I've been quoted) but what I will say is it certainly isn't any worse.

chriskay
Tuesday 19th April 2005, 22:58
I think it's inherently better with the Rica, trouble is you can't help using the performance, so you're back to square 1. No worse though. I'm getting 24-25 with the 280BHP.
Cheers, Chris.

swordy21
Wednesday 20th April 2005, 01:06
If I am honest - I am not seeing any difference yet overall. What I have noticed is that RICA'd the low speed/traffic figures are worse, but the high speed cruising figures are better, so the over all figures would depend on your journey type.

Last tank on optimax before rica I got 34 mpg. The next tank after I got 27mpg, but there was a big difference in M way speeds. I am now averaging 28.2 over 200 miles+ at 85mph average. but I can say that the car stays at 7 mpg longer in traffic than before. So I am guessing driving style makes a huge difference.

Still am very very happy had it done

Cheers to all

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 20th April 2005, 08:52
I'm not a lad - does that mean I cant reply??? :slap:

x

lance
Wednesday 20th April 2005, 10:08
The only way you can really check this claim is hand the Car over to a Gran standard and Rica , im sure you will see an improvement if she can resist the temptation to boot it!
Mine is no worse really, and if if I didnt boot it maybe 0.5-1mpg better

Murphy
Wednesday 20th April 2005, 10:16
I never saw better fuel consumption, apart from my 7 day 1500 mile trip around france. I used to get around 250 miles / tank constanatly seeing 300 on long steady trips, but that was a 855 Auto on the 304 map !?!?

My mate Tris has an 854 with a 19T, manual car and gets 24 around town !!! And 30+ on a run. Once bonus of such a big turbo !

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 20th April 2005, 11:17
I actually can drive quite carefully. I got 31 mpg yesterday going to Derby and back. Most of the time there is only about 1 mpg in it to the good.

My total range on a tank has gone up from ~275 to 340 miles.

I have also noticed a small mpg improvement since I started using Moly Slip in my oil change - which I believe is a good idea for cars over 100K (fills in the gaps). She also uses less oil. There have been other improvements with the additive, but I will not drag the thread over there.

RICA overall has only been significant on the longer runs - around town - not much in it.

After_Shock
Wednesday 20th April 2005, 13:26
I would always get about 34mpg with the cruise on at 80mph as the 19T wasnt cutting in, however driving a bit more enthusiastically got it down to the low 20's easily!

HuskMan
Wednesday 20th April 2005, 18:15
Hmmm... I think a Stage 0 is in order.

I'm doing 150 mile trips twice a week on the motorway with cruise control on at between 75 and 80 and I'm only getting 27-28mpg.

If only I could justify the RICA... I'm sure i'd get 40mpg :-) or atleast get there quicker.

After_Shock
Wednesday 20th April 2005, 18:18
HuskMan if you have a standard car with the 16T turbo on then the mpg will be lower as your car will be running on the turbo even with the cruise on at 80mph.

pikeajm
Wednesday 20th April 2005, 18:27
i got a non rica and can got over 400 miles on a tank lol

CAMO
Wednesday 20th April 2005, 18:31
Thanks guy's + lady!
for your honesty, am maybe I will have it done once the wedding fund is paid up>