PDA

View Full Version : pcv part

brett craig
Friday 18th July 2008, 10:40
i remember a advert on here before the forums went down for pcv parts for sale ( new )

the elbow on the left side of the inlet manifolds gone on mine and i think this could be causing my boost problems, has anyone got the link or the name of who sold them ? may have been rufe.

Rufe
Friday 18th July 2008, 10:54
hi mate

probably was myself as i sell a lot of pcv parts generally.

heres the diagram of the pcv for (turbo) cars up to 1998:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/rufe_v6/PCV2.jpg

heres a diagram of the inlet manifold and vacuum tree on cars up to 1998:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/rufe_v6/inlet1.jpg

hope that helps, let me know if you can see what you require?

Simomn

brett craig
Friday 18th July 2008, 11:03
christ my eyes are bad lol, its the 90 degree rubber elbow that sits under the power steering res on the left side of the inlet manifold. think it runs down the back of the engine to the pcv junction near the turbo.

theres nothing laeft of the elbow so i'm assuming its the complete length i need

iGGy
Friday 18th July 2008, 15:29
What a lot of people do when the stock lines are shot is to replace them with silicone tubing and forget about the rubber elbows. Just loop it around from the end of the manifold (good luck if the manifold is staying on) and connect it to the vacuum tree.

brett craig
Friday 18th July 2008, 15:43
i did think about making up a 90 degree elbow and silicone hose, i was under the impression it went to the pcv junction at the side of the turbo housing ?

iGGy
Friday 18th July 2008, 17:32
Sorry, you're correct that it goes to the connection on the PCV heater on the turbo inlet pipe. I was thinking about the fuel regulator connection from that end that is connected to the vac tree.

No need for elbows as the silicone tubing has more than enough room to do a nice radius without crimping.

Any idea when the PCV system was last serviced and pipes etc replaced? The elbow you've got a problem with will come as part of the foam covered pipe assembly (7 in picture) if you're replacing the system. The plastic pipes in the foam covering get very brittle over time and trying to change the elbow might just leave you holding the end of a broken pipe. Even though I replaced my entire PCV system, I still used a single silicone tube to go from the manifold to the PCV heater.

PNuT
Friday 18th July 2008, 17:47
i hold the record for changing the system 1 hour 25 Minutes....

brett craig
Friday 18th July 2008, 17:49
as of yet i couldnt give you a answer on the pcv service, ive had the car around 3 months now and am gradually getting round to everything lol, i was going to use all the diagrams and how-to guides from here but they all got lost with the forum crash.

dont mind running silicone hose as a replacement but what advice would you give for servicing the rest of the pcv ?

iGGy
Friday 18th July 2008, 18:18
Jod did a good one and as the VOC forums are back to read, I'd suggest you have a look at it:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=46946

brett craig
Friday 18th July 2008, 18:31
excellent !!! just what i needed

Tomcat
Friday 18th July 2008, 18:35
i hold the record for changing the system 1 hour 25 Minutes....

Well you would be able to do it quicker with the engine hanging out the back of a beetle wouldn't you!!!.

PNuT
Friday 18th July 2008, 18:37
Well you would be able to do it quicker with the engine hanging out the back of a beetle wouldn't you!!!.

thats powernut.....

Tomcat
Friday 18th July 2008, 18:39
It's close!!!...don't be so damn picky, you young uns look all the same to us old duffers,lol...

Rufe
Saturday 19th July 2008, 09:35
Hi mate, if you do decide to renew the pcv parts, we supply pcv kits. the kits are made up of what you see in the first diagram above (numbers in blue boxes) plus the inlet manifold gasket.

850 Turbo 1995, 1996, 1997 / S,V,C70 Turbo 1997, 1998:
(850 with engine number 330414>)
Kit includes all parts in the highlighted squares in above diagram, and also the inlet manifold gasket (not shown)
Part numbers: 1271988; 1271771; 8653339; 1271654; 9471644; 9146266
Volvo Retail Price: £75.85 inc vat
Our Price: £61.26 inc vat, plus postage
Postage: £4.20 Royal Mail Parcel Force

And Pnut thats not bad going, i am sure book time is not far off 2.5 hours for this job. you must have done it before lol

brett craig
Saturday 19th July 2008, 12:44
and how do i pay please mr rufe ?

Rufe
Saturday 19th July 2008, 20:59
hi mate

if you pm me a contact number where i can reach you monday morning then i will call you to take further details

we accept most major credit and debit cards (though i know we dont accept american express)

HTH

Simon :)