PDA

View Full Version : RT Mechanics.

pault5
Thursday 17th July 2008, 17:36
My car has been with Russ and the crew for a few days. They fitted a big intercooler I bought from Don Norchi a while ago and a new radiator from Simon at FRF in Swansea.
Also had the aircon' condenser removed as well. I think the i/c was a bit of a pain to fit but RT have done a top job, many thanks.
I spent the afternoon removing the aircon' pump which was a pig to get out!
Does anyone know a good engine builder in the south east as stronger rods and pistons will be needed if my car is to progress to proper big BHP?

Paul.

woz
Thursday 17th July 2008, 17:44
My car has been with Russ and the crew for a few days......... RT have done a top job, many thanks.
Does anyone know a good engine builder in the south east as stronger rods and pistons will be needed if my car is to progress to proper big BHP?

Paul.

Why not ask russ then?
W:>)

pault5
Thursday 17th July 2008, 18:04
Why not ask russ then?
W:>)

Good point, I am not sure if Russ really has the time to be honest, though I haven't asked him.

Paul.

siamblue
Thursday 17th July 2008, 18:41
You will want to ditch that 19T as well Paul, It is a big jump up in terms of cash to the next power level,

Gary,

pault5
Thursday 17th July 2008, 18:53
You will want to ditch that 19T as well Paul, It is a big jump up in terms of cash to the next power level,

Gary,

yes Gary I am aware of the financial implications! Think of a number and double it as Russ told me a while ago.
If I can get the engine sorted the turbo and the rest can come at my leisure, bit by bit.
Paul

AndysR
Thursday 17th July 2008, 19:08
So have you noticed much of an improvement with the larger cooler? I would have thought that the removal of the air conditioning condensor would have improved the air flow to the cooler quite substantially! My brother and I also have our car's with Russ at the moment a fair drive but always worth the while!

CONDYBOY
Thursday 17th July 2008, 19:13
Can't you do the pistons and rods yourself? Any chance of some pics?

pault5
Thursday 17th July 2008, 19:23
So have you noticed much of an improvement with the larger cooler? I would have thought that the removal of the air conditioning condensor would have improved the air flow to the cooler quite substantially! My brother and I also have our car's with Russ at the moment a fair drive but always worth the while!

Hi,
I did not expect a noticable difference to be honest.
But fuel consumption on the way home was according to the computer was 34.1 that was at a steady 70 to 80 on the motorway dropping to 32.2 in town on the rest of the journey home. That I did not expect, usually 31 to 32 ish on the motorway.
Didn't get the chance to really push the loud pedal though.
Paul

pault5
Thursday 17th July 2008, 19:26
Can't you do the pistons and rods yourself? Any chance of some pics?

I do not have a clue how to post pics', but if you send me your e-mail addy I will send you a couple of pics' that Russell took.

Paul

RT MECHANICS
Thursday 17th July 2008, 19:31
Good point, I am not sure if Russ really has the time to be honest, though I haven't asked him.

Paul.

Hi Paul we always have time for volvo project especially on such a nice one :)
you had better start saving :)

Russ

AndysR
Thursday 17th July 2008, 19:32
I do not have a clue how to post pics', but if you send me your e-mail addy I will send you a couple of pics' that Russell took.

Paul

If I pm my addy over would you mind sending a few shots my way also?

AndysR
Thursday 17th July 2008, 19:33
Hi,
I did not expect a noticable difference to be honest.
But fuel consumption on the way home was according to the computer was 34.1 that was at a steady 70 to 80 on the motorway dropping to 32.2 in town on the rest of the journey home. That I did not expect, usually 31 to 32 ish on the motorway.
Didn't get the chance to really push the loud pedal though.
Paul

Well if its better on fuel then maybe that is because the engine is more efficent as a result of lower charge temps. Will be interesting to see what differences you notice in the power delivery....

pault5
Thursday 17th July 2008, 19:39
Hi Paul we always have time for volvo project especially on such a nice one :)
you had better start saving :)

Russ

Thanks ;)

pault5
Thursday 17th July 2008, 20:07
If I pm my addy over would you mind sending a few shots my way also?

Yes mate, no problem.
Paul

AndysR
Thursday 17th July 2008, 20:16
Yes mate, no problem.
Paul

PM'd

pault5
Thursday 17th July 2008, 20:31
Sent... Should have resized them though:sorry:

Paul

RT MECHANICS
Thursday 17th July 2008, 20:34
Hi Paul do you want one on here ??

Russ

AndysR
Thursday 17th July 2008, 20:36
Sent... Should have resized them though:sorry:

Paul

Just got them cheers, Looks very very smart!!

How I love 850's!! Can't wait to get mine back, although its no where near the spec of yours.

pault5
Thursday 17th July 2008, 20:47
Hi Paul do you want one on here ??

Russ

If you could....:Handshake
Thanks,
Paul

RT MECHANICS
Friday 18th July 2008, 06:27
There you go Paul before i get told off Paul is fine about his number plate being shown :)

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j152/500bhpvolvo/The%20Peril/Paulfrontone.jpg

Russ

Tomcat
Friday 18th July 2008, 07:08
Mmmm nice intercooler....

Alan M
Friday 18th July 2008, 10:27
Very nice indeed.