PDA

View Full Version : How to remove centre console in 850 and install a subwoofer?

Babybadger
Wednesday 16th July 2008, 12:17
I need to run some RCA's for my newly acquired sub woofer to the spare wheel hole, can anyone guide me on the correct way to remove the centre console? Is there an easier way, and where do I tap a 12v feed from?

jonno12
Wednesday 16th July 2008, 13:53
it ook my feed from the batery if its only the stereo you need out just press the 2 tag bits on either side and they will pop out if thats what you mean if not let me know and ill let you know what else you need to do

Babybadger
Wednesday 16th July 2008, 14:39
Thanks jonno12, I have just put a Sony MEX-BT3600U in the volvo and have standard speakers in it as well. I just want to connect an active pioneer sub woofer to it , so I need power to the sub, and RCA to the back of the HU as it has a dedicated sub-out. The Active Sub sits inside the spare wheel itself, although I have a space saver.

I don't want anything earth shattering, just a bit more bottom on the sound.

So I just need to feed the RCAs from the back of the HU through the centre console and back to the spare wheel well. The power should be easy enough as I can run just one core (10A fuse in line) to the battery and back to the sub, the earth can just go on the chassis somwhere.

jonno12
Wednesday 16th July 2008, 20:13
ive got 1000 watts in the back of mine and sounds superb
personally id get a amp wiring kit and use that the stereo should come out easy i fed all mine through the the side panels insside i cant take pics at the mo as camera is up the spout where abouts are you in the soouth any where near stevenage ? if not if you get stuck email me and ill send you my number and ill tell you over the phone as typing does my nut in mate lol

just as a quick note i wouldnt use 1 core as you will lose power i think i might have a wiring kit if you want it ill post it to you if i can find it ill let you know when i get home tomorrow

Baj
Wednesday 16th July 2008, 20:56
Make sure you use a fat enough cable for the 12v and fuse it a couple of inches from the battery.

mk3phill
Friday 18th July 2008, 00:58
hi mate,. installed mine jus the other week. thres a grommet jus by the passenger side suspension top in engine bay to run the +12 though,.. then then i removed passnger seat/ rear bench and lifted the carpets up,.+12 ran along the sill near the exhisting wireing an the rca and remote run along the floor close to the center console both under the rear bench an backrest, straight into the boot.

Babybadger
Friday 18th July 2008, 14:59
Hopefully its the same on mine mk3phill, mine is a left hand drive so the grommet should be in the same place.