PDA

View Full Version : A few ideas to tart up my 854??

Tiny 12
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 16:17
Hi Hi,

I’m going to put a little effort/££ in to my 854, as I have some money left over from what I thought was going to be a hefty bill for my MX bike!

So far I have got a set of Volans lined up for it (thank you MREG T5R) which I’m going to give them a stealthy black look, a friend of mine has done this to a set of S3 wheels on his “Bolf” and they look v trick.

Also in the process of sorting a chip out!

Obviously I want to get an R bumper (phoned Volvo up today and it will cost me £290 for the lower section/lip) will this fit on to my existing top section on the 854 (it’s a 1995 M reg car) or any know of any that are going:D (don’t care what colour as I’m going to rub down and re-spray any way!)??

The other thing I want to do is lower it so it sits v nicely on the Volans not too low, just a little lower than my R wagon does on its. Can I do this with springs alone?(which ones are best I have been looking at some Eibach)

Or will I have to go for full coil over’s? if I do go with coil over’s can I get any decent ones for less than £500?

The other thing I really want to add to it is a Carbon chin spoiler, I have seen one on RT Russ’s Yellow 530 BHP beast, are these available for general sale or are they a one off?

Any other suggestions for tweaks/mods would be good!

Thanks

cameron
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 16:22
Tiny ive been looking at these for my T5 wagon, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KONI-SUSPENSION-VOLVO-850-ADJUSTABLE-SHOCKS-SPRINGS_W0QQitemZ8050836144QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m8050836144&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318 they do some for saloon as well, oh i also want the R front bumper im not paying volvo money though !

Tomcat
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 18:05
Few....just a few mods then?. lol

The R front will fit onto your existing upper 'grey' part of your bumper, it's a fairly easy job, just make sure you buy some of the plastic rivets to reattach the wheel arch liner afterwards.

My last car had eibach springs on it, they do a really good job of lowering the car and the rides pretty good too.

I'm pretty sure that there's nowhere over here now that does the carbon splitters, Russ used to have a guy who made them for him, last time I spoke to him he couldn't get hold of any more.

A good cheap mod is a strut brace, these are only about £80-£90 from the dealers and make so much difference to the handling on the car, I'd always do this as one of my first mods.

stephenevans99
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 18:09
Get yourself a Renault Laguna front splitter....£5 from your local breakers - you know it makes sense !!

Wombatbomb
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 18:22
Strut brace is £68.59 delivered from Rufe, see http://forums.t5d5.org/index.php?showtopic=328

Tomcat
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 19:25
That'll teach me, I got mine from my local independent(two mins around the corner) and I paid nearly £90.

readview
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 23:59
I'd be getting a set of 302mm brakes fairly high up the list,makes a good difference to the stopping power,i have genuine discs and pads on both of mine,no good having a beautiful car that goes like stink if you cant shed the speed quick enough! I'll be posting photos up of the angel eye headlamps in the thread of the same name when they arrive,so they might be an option ?

Tiny 12
Wednesday 16th July 2008, 10:13
Get yourself a Renault Laguna front splitter....£5 from your local breakers - you know it makes sense !!

Is that what the splitter is on yours??

looks slick, was thinking about it last night actually, if I spray it white could be a tidy option until I get a good price on an R front bumper, or one comes from the obsolete parts bin in Sweden (as the guy from Volvo said!).

cameron
Wednesday 16th July 2008, 13:21
Is that what the splitter is on yours??

looks slick, was thinking about it last night actually, if I spray it white could be a tidy option until I get a good price on an R front bumper, or one comes from the obsolete parts bin in Sweden (as the guy from Volvo said!).

Ive just been quoted £69 + vat for an R front bumper in green, the splitter on stephens car is off a Renault Laguna, he told me yesterday, £20 off Fleabay or £10 from the local scrappers, mmmmmmmmmmmmm choices choices!!!!!

Tomcat
Wednesday 16th July 2008, 13:24
Ive just been quoted £69 + vat for an R front bumper in green,

Where from?, a breakers yard?, that can't be a dealer price...

cameron
Wednesday 16th July 2008, 13:28

Hi T.C. thats a breakers, the cars of Fleabay, for some strange reason, its been put on a Mettalic Green TDI. Good price?

How much would it cost IYO to get it sprayed Volvo 189 ( white )

Tiny 12
Wednesday 16th July 2008, 13:35

No way its not a dealer price i phoned them up yesterday for one and the black/grey section was £140 and the lower lip section was £292 and took 5 weeks to come!

cameron
Wednesday 16th July 2008, 13:39
Sorry he isnt a breaker, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290245377452&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:GB:1123heres the link, he is selling all parts, inc black Wheels..........

Tiny 12
Wednesday 16th July 2008, 13:51
Cam i would tap him up for that adjusti suspension as well!!

your car will be "done" then!

cameron
Wednesday 16th July 2008, 15:07
Cam i would tap him up for that adjusti suspension as well!!

your car will be "done" then!

Very true mate, finances a bit short at the minute though.