PDA

View Full Version : Knocking from the front

cameron
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 11:10
I have just updated my front shocks to P1 V70 T5 jobbies, the last few days i have noticed a knocking when going over bumps, the wishbones were new about 8 months ago and the droplinks look ok, so im stumped.

Torch S70R
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 12:39
im also trying to track down a knocking from the front end of my ph1 s70, changed drop links and did the brake pads but its still knocking over bumps :?

Pandamedic
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 14:57
Could be the shocks or the strut top mount bearings which was the cause of my knocking when going round right hand cornors/islands and over speed humps

cameron
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 15:37
Could be the shocks or the strut top mount bearings which was the cause of my knocking when going round right hand cornors/islands and over speed humps

I thought that mate thats why i updated to 2000 P1 V70 T5 shocks, they come off a car that had only done 40000miles before it had a rear end shunt, they were like new, so bearings were good, i think it might be the wishbone mounts, where it bolts to the chassis, i think i'll try to get the bushes replaced. If its not that i'll try the droplinks, after that i'll be stuck !