PDA

View Full Version : Halo Angel Eyes for 850

Tiny 12
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 09:39
Any one tryed any of these??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-850-T5-T-5-CHROME-HALO-ANGEL-EYE-Headlights-92-97_W0QQitemZ290244290172QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item29 0244290172&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

T5-TEZ
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 09:45
Dont do it mate leave them for the corsa boys LOL.

cameron
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 09:58

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-850-T5-T-5-CHROME-HALO-ANGEL-EYE-Headlights-92-97_W0QQitemZ290244290172QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item29 0244290172&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

Im thinking about the black ones they look much better, not sure if they will go well on a white car though.

What do other people think? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-850-T5-T-5-Black-HALO-ANGEL-EYE-Headlights-92-97_W0QQitemZ290244573653QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item29 0244573653&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

Tiny 12
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 10:16

Yea.....you could be right!

Tiny 12
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 10:21
Im thinking about the black ones they look much better, not sure if they will go well on a white car though.

What do other people think? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOLVO-850-T5-T-5-Black-HALO-ANGEL-EYE-Headlights-92-97_W0QQitemZ290244573653QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item29 0244573653&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

I thought about the Chrome for my 854 which is white, i thought the blach may be a bit heavy!

readview
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 21:26
I've just ordered a set of each so when they arrive i'll fit them up and see how they perform.If i can figure out how to use the camera i'll add pictures in this thread.

dooby
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 22:27
Hiya,

if you happen to have a black 850 to try both sets on I'd love to see the piccies, I'm thinking about a set but think the black ones will be too black with a black body as well...

Cheers, Pete

y2blade
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 23:05

my thoughts too :D

LesRED850R
Wednesday 16th July 2008, 00:01
Reckon your white wagon needs chrystal not black and paint the dark bits on the bumper/trim etc white and with a dark window tint and R bumper you are lookin good!! My R is red and just had those bits painted and its much better! Should have done the door handles too but that takes time...Thankyou for putting the link up as i have been after chrystal/black-lights like this for ages and could only find some naff ones with 5 LEDs in the middle LOL. Will go for some shiny ones and put in HIDs from China/HKong [cheap] And has anyone found some replacement for the fogs in the R lower spoiler? They would be good as extra spread beams in HID but the STD ones are c##p as are the std headlights in my opinion,no penetration..Thanks TINY!! Cheers LesM. Will get pics up when i can co-ordinate a clean car with time.......

mexybhouy
Wednesday 16th July 2008, 06:49
smoked ones look great on any car, chromes too Bliiiinnnnngggggg!

y2blade
Wednesday 16th July 2008, 13:13
all joking aside got any decent pics of these fitted?

LesRED850R
Friday 18th July 2008, 00:19

Just emailed the ebay shop with some questions about the lights and suggested they get onto this site and talk to Justin about a possible member discount as so many are interested. We shall see!!

Storm-Troll
Friday 18th July 2008, 00:39
Buy a BMW... then you wont have to fork out for the Lights...http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/stormhawk7/Smilies/heeheehee.gif

LesRED850R
Friday 18th July 2008, 01:20
Mate , have you seen the jerks that drive BMs these days? I had a nice ORANGE 2002 '76 for a while until it ended its days by stoving into the back of a 1996 Commodore [ the car that became a monaro ] ... the dunny-door was flat up to the back window and the 2002 just needed a front and wings... My bro-inlaw had a Civic type R years ago and we blew away an early M3 with 3 dudes who thought they were a bit spesh on board , now that was a laugh [ albeit just good fortune as me bro used to b a rally driver ] and they were cr##p. The 850 lights are rubbish at penetration in all but perfect conditions even with super globes and these eBay ones are just what some on Volvospeed forum [ USA] are making up and i was about to go and do the same but will buy these as soon as i can!! Cheers!

Storm-Troll
Friday 18th July 2008, 01:24
lol. I understand what you mean about the crappy lights though, I jsut had an HID conversion done on my S70R as I couldnt see great at night where I live out in the country with no Street Lighting., so Point taken.... lol....

LesRED850R
Friday 18th July 2008, 01:33
Could be whats called by some say it quietly now ( a seniors problem ) I think i am going blind oh that could be from something else How come you up this late ? for you not me ......

Storm-Troll
Friday 18th July 2008, 01:36
lol.. dude.. I hardly ever sleep. im good with about 3 or 4 hours a night.... I notmally go bed about 3 or 4 am and get up about 8 ish.... always been that way... pleanty of time to sleep when im in the ground..... so Ill be about for a few more hours as its only 01:35 Hrs here...... must be getting on for lunchtime over there I guess. I got family in Sydney and dotted about on the west coast....

LesRED850R
Friday 18th July 2008, 02:03
Ha ! Its actually my "beer-o'clock" as i foolishly took on keeping the fools honest on nightshift for 6-8 weeks on a glass furnace re-build .........at least i can get home too kiss the little ones as they go off to school ! They are only young for a while and as both are girls will not talk to me at some stage so its a good thing! Its fun blowing off [ BMW ] office types on my drive home as i go the beach road past some SNOB/FOOL suburbs....that wakes them and me up a bit LOL !! 11:04;05 hrs Mmmm goodnight ! Cheers Mate !

Storm-Troll
Friday 18th July 2008, 02:07
lol... I like your style mate.... I got family on the south east corner in an old military town called Wodonga. dont know if u know it just up north inland from you... Im hopin to get over for a visit with them sometime soon... then up to see my other part of family up in the Northern Territories in Darwin..

LesRED850R
Friday 18th July 2008, 02:19
Yea , like-wise ! Yes i do know Wodonga , but its probably 3-5 hours away considering the sh#@% traffic we have in Melbourne but easy once in the country. There is some Military up that way too . Are your family there on the job? It would be pretty dry up there as we are all in drought but the farms are worst hit..If you get over you may come via Melbourne so we may yet cross paths! and as i speak of lack of rain what happens....Ahh wet roads,front wheel drive and a bit of TURBO thrown in He He he . Im off to do zzzz, but Pm me anytime or i will leave email on my profi if not already there Cheers . I DONT LIKE THE WAY BMWW HAVE MARKETED THE GOOD CARS TO JERKS , My new motto...

Storm-Troll
Friday 18th July 2008, 02:26
lol. no prob mate, yer.. on the Job,, nuff said..... ok, sleep well matey, catch ya soon... crack on mate.. keep it between the lines..

readview
Monday 11th August 2008, 23:52
Lights now arrived and fitted,look good and work well,i'll post some photo's tomorrow of the chrome ones,i have acustomer coming this week who is fitting the black ones into a red 850R so if he fits them here or gets me to do it i'll photograph them too.One minor niggle though,i'd bought two hid sets to fit in both beams and when the headlamps arrived they have a sticker on them saying "no hid".Bugger!

y2blade
Tuesday 12th August 2008, 00:22
Lights now arrived and fitted,look good and work well,i'll post some photo's tomorrow of the chrome ones,i have acustomer coming this week who is fitting the black ones into a red 850R so if he fits them here or gets me to do it i'll photograph them too.One minor niggle though,i'd bought two hid sets to fit in both beams and when the headlamps arrived they have a sticker on them saying "no hid".Bugger!

i look forward to seeing the pics :)

LesRED850R
Tuesday 12th August 2008, 13:22
Lights now arrived and fitted,look good and work well,i'll post some photo's tomorrow of the chrome ones,i have acustomer coming this week who is fitting the black ones into a red 850R so if he fits them here or gets me to do it i'll photograph them too.One minor niggle though,i'd bought two hid sets to fit in both beams and when the headlamps arrived they have a sticker on them saying "no hid".Bugger! Good one ! And good luck choosing ! I reckon you should get proficient in the changing of lights the you can post a video how-to on this sight !! I believe you orderd before me and i got mine more than a week ago and mine came from the TAKAJOS shop on eBay, but he is in Taiwan and Me , Aussie so post is good !! Now i tried to do a deal with your man but he was to $$EXY$$ on the deal so i went to the manufacturer [or the next best,the distributor TAKAJOS ] and he was most proficient and it cost me AUD$$400 odd , to get them and aint they great!!! I also have the H.I.D no ,no, on them but i reckon they msut be ok as all headlights are plastic.....unless there are made of cheese ?? No , really they dont make them any diffr/nt to the O.E ones as you cant run cheap plastics in machines made for O.E "quality" . Anyway i am to busy to get them in..I want to do a good lot of photos on the conversion to post so all i have done is get some philips ultra vision globes, untill i get the hids from Taiwan, and look at them in the shed at night.....I wonder about the power for the LEDs and switching them too... Cheers LesM. LINK http://myworld.ebay.com.sg/takajos/

Tiny 12
Wednesday 13th August 2008, 13:13
:DAny pics of these yet??

y2blade
Wednesday 13th August 2008, 13:15
:DAny pics of these yet??

yeah!!! come on dont be shy :D

readview
Wednesday 13th August 2008, 22:09
On the way soon guys,just got to figure how to get them from the camera to the forum!

readview
Wednesday 13th August 2008, 22:36
here are the photo's as promised,sorry about the rain spoiling them a bit !
I will be going to the meet at Denton on the 16th if anyone wants to see them in the flesh.
I have swapped the amber indicator bulbs for chrome ones as i thought the amber just didn't look right.

Tomcat
Wednesday 13th August 2008, 23:32
Mmmm not sure myself, I think the black ones would look better.