PDA

View Full Version : Sub and AMP off of OE volvo headunit?

Ross9
Monday 14th July 2008, 17:28
Hi there, was thinking of getting Jacq a simple sub and 2 channel amp set up for the T4 to compliment the new speakers I got her for her birthday.

One question though, can I do this without changing the head unit? ie can I plug pre-outs and remote wires into the back of the OE headunit, and if so is the remote wire properly marked?

Also, if not, and there is an antenna wire for the electric aerial, is this a constant supply for use as a remote, or just a pulse to tell it to go up/down? (made this mistake before lol)

Cheers for any and all info

Ross

Slomo
Monday 14th July 2008, 17:41
there are several ways to do this depending on the headunit? does it have seperate pre outs. If it does then yes you can easily add amps and bits in. If it doesnt then there are some ways of adding amps into your existing system and with keeping the original headunit. You can Use JL Audio Clean sweep system. there have different models which will give you the ability of adding amplifiers to your car and with keeping the original headunit. Very simple to use as well :)

Hope it helps. You can PM me if you wish?

J

Ross9
Monday 14th July 2008, 18:07
Thanks mate, car is in the garage just now but when we have it back and I can look at the model number and poke around with it I'll pm you to see what options we have.

Much appreciated

Ross

jonno12
Monday 14th July 2008, 18:15
i have an rca converter that you put onto the speaker wires and can plug in to an amp if you want it ill post it to you as im not using it any more

Ross9
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 15:34
cheers mate, you have pm.