PDA

View Full Version : my suspention help

stainesy
Saturday 12th July 2008, 11:55
can anybody tell me whats going on with my suspention?
sometimes i park my car on a flat bit of road and it leans to the left at the rear.
parked it at work today and and the left rear wheel was level with the top of the wheel arch and the right hand side was about 2 inches higher than the wheel arch.
drove it home and checked it again and now they ar about the same give or take 5mm but still lower on the left.
whats going on?
dont no why its leveled off now but most of the time it seems to sit lower on the left.
what could this be?

PNuT
Saturday 12th July 2008, 11:58
does your car have self leveling suspention?

stainesy
Saturday 12th July 2008, 12:03
havnt got a clue mate. all i no is it an 850 T5-R.
why if it did what would that mean?

readview
Saturday 12th July 2008, 12:08
Certainly sounds like a problem with the n/s/r nivomat.Check the n/s/r shocker,if it is about 3" diameter and has a rubber gaiter covering the lower section then it has nivomat self levelling suspension,if there is dampness at the bottom of the shocker then it is leaking and needs replacing i'm afraid.The cars handling will be affected by a knackered shocker so drive with caution until you get it sorted.
Hope this helps,Adam.

stainesy
Saturday 12th July 2008, 12:13
ok thanks will check now

stainesy
Saturday 12th July 2008, 12:23
just jacked it up and checked it and there is a rubber sleeve on the bottom bit of the shock but its totaly dry. the car is sitting pretty much level now. can i just buy normal shocks take off the self leveling ones and put normal shocks on?

PNuT
Saturday 12th July 2008, 12:31
i believe you need to change more than just the shocks

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=2_25_603&products_id=5030

stainesy
Saturday 12th July 2008, 12:49
oh for fooook sake who ever said i got alot of car for the money i paid was a tad rong.
so far its needed new radiator, thermostat, dump valve and blanking plate as recirc was foooked and now this. starting to think it aint worth the hasle. sumit needs replacing every week.

PNuT
Saturday 12th July 2008, 12:50
mine used to be like that.... it still is lmfao

Wombatbomb
Saturday 12th July 2008, 12:55
I've got a pair of standard rear shocks & springs off a 2000 C70 in my garage, my understanding is that they are the same as the standard 850 units. PM me if you want them.

stainesy
Saturday 12th July 2008, 13:06
I've got a pair of standard rear shocks & springs off a 2000 C70 in my garage, my understanding is that they are the same as the standard 850 units. PM me if you want them.

cheers mate but aparently i need to replace the mounts aswell and im not sure if the T5-R has stiffer suspension or the same as all 850,s. will look more into it and let you no buddy. cheers

readview
Saturday 12th July 2008, 20:25
I have a set of nivomats from an 850T5R,pm me if you decide to go with nivo's.