PDA

View Full Version : fuel hose diameter

bonus
Friday 11th July 2008, 21:18
evening all,does anybody know the correct i/d fuel hose which connects between the steel fuel line and the fuel pressure regulator on a 98 t4(i broke the nipple off my old regulator an it stuck in the hose,now ive lost the hose!!).ive tried to fit a piece of hose i had lying around but couldnt get a tight fit an had a bit of a leaking issue(not good!).thanks in advance for any help.

CONDYBOY
Friday 11th July 2008, 22:34
I've always used 8mm bore rubber hosing with reinforcing threads, never had any probs with leaking. just make sure that the clamps are tight. Can you post some pics so I can see exactly what you mean by "I've broke the nipple off!" Has this come off the fuel regulator? if so what are you fitting to???

bonus
Saturday 12th July 2008, 07:37
sorry mate, meant to say snapped the nipple off my old regulator while in the process of fitting a new one,(fixing the dreaded t4 slow starting issue)

CONDYBOY
Saturday 12th July 2008, 21:31
Ahh! right with you now. as I said I generally use 8mm flexible hosing to replace rottten steel ones. did you want the part numbers? if so vadis doesn't list a part number for the length of pipe that comes from the top of the pressure regulator (the one poking out the top in line with the regulator), if it's the pipe that comes out at 90 degrees from the base of the regulator then the part number is 1332454. hope this helps!