PDA

View Full Version : roof rubbers

kowalski
Friday 11th July 2008, 20:00
hi any members know how to change the roof rubbers actually plastic on an 850 ? mine are all split and brittle what do they do anyhow? any help on where 2 locate and how to fit would be greatly appreciated

TheT6Kid
Sunday 13th July 2008, 16:44
They are on clips all the way along the channels.
They just pull off, i started at the front near the windscreen.
You may find you need to replace a number of the small metal clips underneath, as because of where they are, they get a lot of water contact and rust like crazy. Don't think the clips are too expensive and are probably a stocked item at your local dealer, think i've seen them on PFS too.

kowalski
Monday 14th July 2008, 09:58
hi t6 kid many thanks amigo thats a big help was seriously toying with the idea of introducing them to a pair of scissors think ill take the more restrained route now regards k

cameron
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 15:51
I sold my Roof rails to T6kid, and bought the rubbers from my local breakers for £10. they only take 10 minutes to change over, but make sure all the holes are sealed with silicone or an equivalent sealer. The clips are the main concern as they do rust profusely, i bought another set from my local car accesories shop £3.50 for 16 clips, i didnt need them all, so it was a quick and easy fix, i think the T5 Wagon looks much better without the Roof Rails as well. Good luck buddy!