PDA

View Full Version : Motronic. Disadvantage?

windsurferluke
Thursday 10th July 2008, 08:17
Hi again

Off to look at a 98 V70 T5 in a bit (I said 99 in my last post:cuckoo:) Is there any disadvantage in the Motronic ecu, I know it is cable throtle vs DBW. And I have been told that the ME7 provides boost on demand (guess boost pressure continually being controled by the ecu) where the Motronic is an on off switch, ie tubo allways work to its maximum regardles untill it reaches the prssure that the wastegate is set to.

Will ME7 cars put power down easier and be smoother or am I reading to much into this?

PNuT
Thursday 10th July 2008, 08:34
boost is controled on both systems

chow
Thursday 10th July 2008, 11:08
Hi again

Off to look at a 98 V70 T5 in a bit (I said 99 in my last post:cuckoo:) Is there any disadvantage in the Motronic ecu, I know it is cable throtle vs DBW. And I have been told that the ME7 provides boost on demand (guess boost pressure continually being controled by the ecu) where the Motronic is an on off switch, ie tubo allways work to its maximum regardles untill it reaches the prssure that the wastegate is set to.

Will ME7 cars put power down easier and be smoother or am I reading to much into this?yes you are ,sounds as if someones been pulling your plonker

Wombatbomb
Thursday 10th July 2008, 11:49
Sorry, I didn't explain what I meant by on/off that well.

The boost is variable in both systems, but the ME7 system will bring in boost differently, it brings it in according to torque demands, which are controlled by an input into the ECU from the user interface (the loud pedal ;) ), so the point in the rev range at which it brings in boost varies.

So, when I said on/off, I meant the point at which the Motronic brings in boost is always the same revs, but I didn't mean it always brings in all the boost.

Does that make sense?