PDA

View Full Version : S70 irritating problem

sicknote1961
Wednesday 9th July 2008, 23:30
hi before i start can this be a friendly thread heh:) here goes before the site went down previously i asked about my problems so this is an update originally
i fitted my audio stuff in me car went to take it out to test it and pulled the wiper stalk to..you got it wipe the windows and bam they would not switch off and neither would the washer motor...sine that day i have replaced the wiper stalk,washer motor,intermittent wiper relay and still the damm things will still not stop so now im aghast as to what to do next? apart from take it to someone with electrical gear to maybe see if it has an open circuit? im open to suggestions guys and gals?
regards

Torch S70R
Wednesday 9th July 2008, 23:42
do you have good voltage from the battery? as this can cause some funny things to happen when it drops

sicknote1961
Thursday 10th July 2008, 02:27
now thats interesting that you say that because i ran my battery flat in 3 mins because the audio draws so much which i forgot car starts ok though at the moment but wonder if i maybe put a new battery on it that might be the problem

Terminator
Thursday 10th July 2008, 12:33
Your audio should not be running your battery flat unless the battery is knackered, you have some monster mega amp ice install, or you have forgotton to tap into the ignition switched wire.

sicknote1961
Thursday 10th July 2008, 14:02
hi thnx for that reply and i guess with my audio on and the doors open while i was working on the car did actually drain the battery in less than 10mins i guess i have fairly decent audio in it ie: focal utopia speakers,genesis amp,jl audio sub and as far as im aware its all wired in fine

Torch S70R
Thursday 10th July 2008, 18:15
that sounds like a nice setup m8 :D

MrMopp
Thursday 10th July 2008, 18:19
You would be very unlucky to flatten a battery in 10 minutes with your install, sounds like you have a bad short somewhere.

Id go back through the install and check all your connections as it sounds like youve fed a live somewhere you shouldnt :)

sicknote1961
Friday 11th July 2008, 02:52
got an auto electrician coming out tomorrow to look at it

ok fellas here is me latest on this problem....it`s FIXED yay:) was the only thing i never tried and i really need a kick up the axse here because a guy told me on here to disconnect them cause there more trouble than their worth:( electrician came out took out relays then put back and went straight under the bonnet and disconnected the headlight washer motors and it solved the problem:) quickest 40 quid hes ever earned i bet anyway thanks for all who helped..i`m so glad it was`nt the audio i did:P