PDA

View Full Version : Trax 2008

rs_andy
Wednesday 9th July 2008, 22:39
Are we going to trax again this year?

http://www.traxshows.co.uk/news/date_confirmed.html

Tomcat
Wednesday 9th July 2008, 22:44
Ooo not sure, it was crap last year(apart from the trac action), too many max powered motors there for my liking.

cherry1809
Wednesday 9th July 2008, 23:29
Thats why i stopped going....although the strippers and cheap looking Sticky's outweighed that for a bit :D
Haven't been since i sold my Nissan.

y2blade
Thursday 10th July 2008, 13:04
i've not been before...is it worth going? or is it all calibras with big spoilers and lexus lights?

rs_andy
Thursday 10th July 2008, 13:24
sure it's not to everyone's taste but I love it and go every year.

You get such a large mix of owners clubs there though there has been a massive rise in 'cruise' clubs which tend to have a lot of sheds and barrys.

On the plus side you get to take your car on the grand prix circuit and they do a 0-60 sprint trial all day long which is always interesting.

y2blade
Thursday 10th July 2008, 13:27
yeah i see what you mean, if i am free i'll prob pop along

ive done silverstone ALOT on my bike and love the circuit

gazbak1
Thursday 10th July 2008, 19:11
shall we get a list going to see what sort of numbers are going as if enough go i wouldnt mind coming along meet up with some other members of vpcuk.

Gazbak1

rs_andy
Friday 11th July 2008, 13:53
don't imagine we have much time but lets start one:

RS_ANDY
GAZBAK1
Y2BLADE

any more?

gazbak1
Friday 11th July 2008, 18:02
well the show is the 7th september so we still have a bit of time.

JUDGENINJA
Friday 11th July 2008, 18:36
I'll possibly be there..... but as a passenger....

cherry1809
Saturday 12th July 2008, 00:08
It's an "interesting" day out if you haven't been before. I usually just watch the 0-60 sprint,as it's pretty good watching all the so called "quick" cars getting wasted by cars that look like sheds. :D

y2blade
Sunday 13th July 2008, 19:16
i've not been before so yeah i think i'll be popping along

Slomo
Monday 14th July 2008, 09:44
I will be there. But on the 2 thumbs up stand.

2 thumbs up Road trip 2009.. After taking part in the last 2 Modball Rally's across Europe which were really good fun. But I and a fe wothers have decided to plan our own Road Trip across Europe. It is a road trip not a rally or a race...

If VPCUK are not doing a stand this year?? Any members from here are welcome on my 2Thumbs up stand..

:)

J

y2blade
Monday 14th July 2008, 18:40
I will be there. But on the 2 thumbs up stand.

2 thumbs up Road trip 2009.. After taking part in the last 2 Modball Rally's across Europe which were really good fun. But I and a fe wothers have decided to plan our own Road Trip across Europe. It is a road trip not a rally or a race...

If VPCUK are not doing a stand this year?? Any members from here are welcome on my 2Thumbs up stand..

J

thanks for the offer :) i may well take you up on that if we do go

Slomo
Monday 14th July 2008, 19:22
no problem at all. more the merrier.. Just ahd a stand at streetlife and that was really good fun. So sure this will be as well :)

J

y2blade
Monday 14th July 2008, 19:39
no problem at all. more the merrier.. Just ahd a stand at streetlife and that was really good fun. So sure this will be as well :)

J

what will the other cars on the stand be?

Slomo
Monday 14th July 2008, 22:07
a mixture of cars. 2thumbs up road trip is open to all cars. standard and modified.

At streetlife we had

S70
T4
S2000
Corsa (1.8 turbo 297bhp) no comment
Supra
EA Sports BMW M3 Need for speed
Ford Racing Puma
1962 Corvette

So far for trax

S40 T4 Me
S70
Camo Pug
Toyota MR2
350Z
Honda
Supra or Trans AM
Ford Racing Puma
Corsa same as above
Fiat Punto

so more the merrier

J

y2blade
Monday 14th July 2008, 22:31
ok cheers, i'll let you know what i'm doing as soon as i do!!! :)

gazbak1
Monday 14th July 2008, 23:15
same for me if thats ok although my car is not very modified if that a problem.

Gazbak1

y2blade
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 07:13
same for me if thats ok although my car is not very modified if that a problem.

Gazbak1

+1 what he ^^^ said...mine's totaly stock!!!!

Slomo
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 09:39
all cars welcome, standard and modified.

2thumbs up is more about having fun with fellow petrol heads. whether the cars are standard or modified. all welcome

Especially Volvo's :)

y2blade
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 13:05
cool :)

i'll let you know nearer the time...thanks again

S70T5Chris
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 16:38
My T4 will be on the 2ThumbsUp stand at Trax, i'll be taking it round the track too. It'll be good to get a few more Volv's on the stand so as Slo said, the more the merrier!!

I had my S70 on the stand at Streetlife at the NEC a couple of weeks ago, it was a good laugh with a great bunch of guys, so i'd imagine Trax will be much the same, get your asses there!

gazbak1
Monday 21st July 2008, 19:06
i will be coming and if it ok on the 2thumbs up stand. is it ok if i bring about 3 other cars with me pos 2x mk2 golfs and a imported subaru lagacy if its ok.

get bak to me as soon as possible please.

Thanks Gazbak1

Slomo
Monday 21st July 2008, 22:05
sure got no probs with that. will be good :)

Slomo
Monday 21st July 2008, 22:06
there is a facebook 2thumbs up event for trax set up. if they have facebook get them to post on there. gives me an idea of full numbers.

Thnx

J

gazbak1
Monday 21st July 2008, 22:30
i dont think they have facebook i was just wondering how we sort the tickets out. do we get them are selfs and just drive to the stand or is there a proccess in place for stand cars??

at the most including me i will be bring 4 cars if this helps numbers.

gazbak1

y2blade
Tuesday 22nd July 2008, 13:15
i was just wondering how we sort the tickets out. do we get them are selfs and just drive to the stand or is there a proccess in place for stand cars??

at the most including me i will be bring 4 cars if this helps numbers.

gazbak1

+1 what's the plan for the day?

gazbak1
Tuesday 22nd July 2008, 18:13
hi slomo do you have a mobile number i can contact you on as is is quicker and your more likly to see it.

i have looked at the trax website and the cars that are going on stands will need car pass before they can get in at 7am instead of 9am when the world will be coming in which the stand admin should have i.e you.

thanks gazbak1

p.s the final numbers from me is 5 including me and dont forget y2blade so 6 in total. lol

Slomo
Tuesday 22nd July 2008, 19:39
lol ok. will pm number. I have already paid for 15 cars spaces on the stand so the cars on the stand owe me :) Tickets will be sent to me within 2 weeks of the start of the event. I am in contact with the organisers daily if not every few days at mo for other stuff as well. So all looks promising so far.

As to what is on for the day, get there, last minute cleaning, arrange stand, set leaflets up, sticker cars that want the 2 thumbs up logo's on( approx price at mo is £8 for 2x door logo's), then mingle, have fun and play :)

J

y2blade
Tuesday 22nd July 2008, 21:11
lol ok. will pm number. I have already paid for 15 cars spaces on the stand so the cars on the stand owe me :) Tickets will be sent to me within 2 weeks of the start of the event. I am in contact with the organisers daily if not every few days at mo for other stuff as well. So all looks promising so far.
J

nice one :) really looking forward to this now

how much is it to get in and on the stand?

gazbak1
Tuesday 22nd July 2008, 21:19
most of the cars i will be bringing will have show plates on if you give me your web address i will have that put on the bottem as a bit of advertisment(spelling) for you. so do you wont the money on the day? or paypaled before hand. as i think we need the car passes to get into the stand? as stand cars can get in earley at 7 to set up so i am happy to help set up.

Gazbak1

Slomo
Tuesday 22nd July 2008, 22:56
monies on day is ok.

www.2Thumbs-up.com

Will arrange a meet time before (dare i say it) 7am so that we can go in together ish :)

J

gazbak1
Tuesday 22nd July 2008, 23:27
ok mate so i will need about 6 tickets will get defos by the end of the week.

thanks gazbak1

y2blade
Wednesday 23rd July 2008, 07:10
monies on day is ok.

www.2Thumbs-up.com

Will arrange a meet time before (dare i say it) 7am so that we can go in together ish :)

J

you have a PM :)

y2blade
Thursday 24th July 2008, 13:45
thanks for the reply :)

looking forward to meeting you guys should be a good day

cheers :D

S70T5Chris
Thursday 24th July 2008, 17:16
Hi Slo

I'll give you a bell over the weekend to catch up, and have a chat about trax. I'm gonna need 2 tickets, and 1 car pass obviously!

y2blade
Thursday 31st July 2008, 13:06
any thoughts on a time/place to meet-up before heading in together?

gazbak1
Thursday 31st July 2008, 18:21
just to let you know slomo i need 5 tickets and 5 car passes please:worship::B_thumb:

gazbak1

gtiteen
Thursday 31st July 2008, 18:54
ohhhh... this looks tempting. If ive got the gearbox in the scooby sorted by then would love to do it but not sure if i will. Also might be a bit embarassing on the 0-60 if it miss fires lol so would prob want that sorted!

Hmmmmmm, might have to get the wheels into motion as they say!

y2blade
Thursday 31st July 2008, 21:35
ohhhh... this looks tempting. If ive got the gearbox in the scooby sorted by then would love to do it but not sure if i will. Also might be a bit embarassing on the 0-60 if it miss fires lol so would prob want that sorted!

Hmmmmmm, might have to get the wheels into motion as they say!

do it mate it will be good to meet you :)

rs_andy
Tuesday 12th August 2008, 13:53
Is it too late to tag along with you guys?

me +2

y2blade
Tuesday 12th August 2008, 15:06
Is it too late to tag along with you guys?

me +2

drop Slomo a PM ...he's the organiser :)

y2blade
Sunday 24th August 2008, 20:42
not long now :D

Slomo
Sunday 24th August 2008, 23:57
lol thnx for the reminder :p will post more info this week..

J

y2blade
Monday 25th August 2008, 20:50
lol thnx for the reminder :p will post more info this week..

J

nice one, i'm looking forward to it

Slomo
Tuesday 26th August 2008, 13:42
Right an update

I hate the post office. I sent the club stand payments and info on the 5 August, recorded delivery and they LOST it,........

I am now in the process of re doing the application and payment. Trax organisiers have been good so far and we are working to get this resolved. I should get re confirmation from Trax Tomorrow. The Post office have accepted full liability for the costs incurred which is something but not alot....

Will keep everyone informed.

J

y2blade
Tuesday 26th August 2008, 14:55
Right an update

I hate the post office. I sent the club stand payments and info on the 5 August, recorded delivery and they LOST it,........

I am now in the process of re doing the application and payment. Trax organisiers have been good so far and we are working to get this resolved. I should get re confirmation from Trax Tomorrow. The Post office have accepted full liability for the costs incurred which is something but not alot....

Will keep everyone informed.

J

:( oh bugger :(

Slomo
Tuesday 26th August 2008, 16:13
spoken to trax today, as long as royal mail deliver payment tomorrow all should be ok

I will know by 1pm... if they havent i am going to run them over as I drive to Birmingham to deliver another form myself....

gazbak1
Tuesday 26th August 2008, 20:27
how many cars have we got on the stand then?

Gazbak1

y2blade
Tuesday 26th August 2008, 21:22
spoken to trax today, as long as royal mail deliver payment tomorrow all should be ok

I will know by 1pm... if they havent i am going to run them over as I drive to Birmingham to deliver another form myself....

fingers crossed then mate :)

thanks

y2blade
Wednesday 27th August 2008, 23:05
any news?

Slomo
Wednesday 27th August 2008, 23:14
all sorted :)

y2blade
Thursday 28th August 2008, 13:27
i broke my 5th metatarsal this morning and just got home with leg in plaster

i cant even drive as its my right leg so trax is off the cards for me now :( getted

not a happy bunny

Slomo
Thursday 28th August 2008, 13:50
ouch

what were you doing? dare I ask how?.. bad news mate :(

Get well soon

J

Slomo
Thursday 28th August 2008, 13:50
stand booked for 15cars. will post list today or tomorrow

J

Slomo
Thursday 28th August 2008, 14:22
Team MIB 1 Volvo S40
CJ 1 Honda S2000/Fiesta
PuntoBoy 1 Punto
Helen 1 Racing Puma
Amy 1 FTO Kermit
Chris T5 1 S40 or c70
Paul w 1 1962 Corvette
Billy W 1 camo pug
Phil/Mike 1 Evo 8
Gazbak1 1 Scooby?
VPCUK 2 vw golf's
1 Volvo
David W 1 Supra
RS Andy 1 Volvo
VPCUK

Cars and driver are paid for already. Passengers have to pay on the gate.
Anyone got any VPCUK stickers? would be good to get them on some of the cars?

J

y2blade
Thursday 28th August 2008, 19:04
ouch

what were you doing? dare I ask how?.. bad news mate :(

Get well soon

J

sorry for the delay i've never had so many visitors :)

i slid off the DRZ (my 400cc trailbike) this morning in the wet at about 5mph i was in the car park at work when it happend its the smooth shiney tarmac that is like a skateing ring when wet :( it really throbs now i can tell you

thanks for the well wishes :)

my dog hasnt left my side since i got home, i nearly fell over the daft bugger just now when i got up to see my friends out

Slomo
Monday 1st September 2008, 11:21
BP Service Stations
Brackley Connect, Northampton Road
Brackley
NN13 5SZ

http://www.multimap.com/s/fAvJqmAc
http://www.multimap.com/s/fErRYca4

Gates close at 9am for stand cars, they are expecting large que's of stand cars, So I would suggest meeting 6.30 AM at BP. Leave 6.45 ish ?

the reason its so early is because we are on clubstand, public are allowed in at 9am, clubstands from 6:30am, I also know how bad silverstone is for access and to get into on a show day, the queues will be huge. Also traffic at this time in the morning will be non existant on the A34, M40 and A43.

J

Slomo
Monday 1st September 2008, 12:45
http://partner.lastminute.com/lmn/pso/catalog/Product.jhtml?CATID=101604&PRODID=639803946

passenger tickets can be bought here

J

y2blade
Monday 1st September 2008, 17:45
take loads of pictures for me please :( gutted :(

Slomo
Monday 1st September 2008, 17:54
dude will do don't worry :)

J

Tomcat
Monday 1st September 2008, 18:13
Hope it's better than last year, it was Chav central last time.

Slomo
Monday 1st September 2008, 19:45
think it may also be chav central again :) but with friends there you make it what you want it to be :)

J

Tomcat
Monday 1st September 2008, 20:15
Well said that man, lets hope plenty friends attend then?.

Slomo
Monday 1st September 2008, 21:20
lol :)

y2blade
Saturday 6th September 2008, 17:27
have a great day you guys :)

Slomo
Saturday 6th September 2008, 18:20
Just a reminder :)

BP Service Stations
Brackley Connect, Northampton Road
Brackley
NN13 5SZ

http://www.multimap.com/s/fAvJqmAc
http://www.multimap.com/s/fErRYca4

Gates close at 9am for stand cars, they are expecting large que's of stand cars, So I would suggest meeting 6.30 AM at BP. Leave 6.45 ish ?

the reason its so early is because we are on clubstand, public are allowed in at 9am, clubstands from 6:30am, I also know how bad silverstone is for access and to get into on a show day, the queues will be huge. Also traffic at this time in the morning will be non existant on the A34, M40 and A43.

J

S70T5Chris
Saturday 6th September 2008, 19:04
See you in the morning!

gazbak1
Saturday 6th September 2008, 20:11
my convoy hopes to be there for about 6:30 see you tommorow

Gazbak1

dannt5
Saturday 6th September 2008, 20:51
Have you got room for one more? i've been at santapod for the weekend to watch topfuel dragsters & all ive seen is water & mud..gutted! either way were now coming to trax:)

Slomo
Saturday 6th September 2008, 22:34
cool. havent got space on the stand, sorry but do come and say hi :)

Club space is T10 :)

J

y2blade
Sunday 7th September 2008, 19:21
i trust you guys all had a good day ?

Slomo
Sunday 7th September 2008, 23:18
Morning was a bit wet, but yes. Many thanks to all that came. I will post pics up soon. We had 5 Volvo cars on the stand all from here. :)

J

y2blade
Sunday 7th September 2008, 23:23
Morning was a bit wet, but yes. Many thanks to all that came. I will post pics up soon. We had 5 Volvo cars on the stand all from here. :)

J

glad to hear you had a good'un and that the weather brightened up as the day went on

i look forward to the pictures :)

rs_andy
Monday 8th September 2008, 21:01
The weather was APPALLING, two crashes on the way down (others not me) and rained pretty much all morning but in between the showers managed to get round everything and take a few pics:

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff172/t5_andy/Trax%202008/

big thanks to slomo for sorting the tickets out, nice to see some other volvo bods about.

Other than the volvos I didn't think there was much of real interest probably due to the weather, wouldn't want to bring out a show car in that weather either.

had to chuckle at shayne lynch making a t!t of himself on track though didn't actually see it happen saw the wreckage, pertpetuating his rep of just not a great driver....

Hopefully be better weather next year. see you there

y2blade
Monday 8th September 2008, 21:24
nice pictures. shame about the weather

seemed like a good mix of cars there :)

rs_andy
Monday 8th September 2008, 22:05
nice pictures. shame about the weather

seemed like a good mix of cars there :)

Yeah, lot of saxos and diastras there though endless rows and rows of em.

They seem to be the few clubs that are just based around the make or model, Focus owners club always has a good turnout as do the lancer register and scooby owners club. Shame the volvo community cant seem to pull a large contingency together. Add a bit of class to the whole thing:smileypul

y2blade
Monday 8th September 2008, 22:18
Yeah, lot of saxos and diastras there though endless rows and rows of em.

They seem to be the few clubs that are just based around the make or model, Focus owners club always has a good turnout as do the lancer register and scooby owners club. Shame the volvo community cant seem to pull a large contingency together. Add a bit of class to the whole thing:smileypul

maybe next year if we can get everone together :) the lancers looked good all parked together

how hard is it to get a T5 stand organised?

nice pics but weres the totty? ;)

rs_andy
Monday 8th September 2008, 22:29
maybe next year if we can get everone together :) the lancers looked good all parked together

how hard is it to get a T5 stand organised?

Shouldn't be too difficult if we can get the numbers...

nice pics but weres the totty? ;)

ha ha ha, I had my mum in tow and the missus is eight months pregnant so wouldn't have gone down too well if I'd come back with pics of scantily clad hotties :nutkick:

found a vid of the EDC crash courtesy of the guys at briskoda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gF10m3gFLY

y2blade
Monday 8th September 2008, 22:34
what skillfull driving. were both drivers ok?

Slomo
Wednesday 10th September 2008, 19:27
it was funny....

Yeah no serious accidents

Pictures of our group at Trax

http://www.flickr.com/groups/853807@N20/

J

y2blade
Wednesday 10th September 2008, 23:07
it was funny....

Yeah no serious accidents

Pictures of our group at Trax

http://www.flickr.com/groups/853807@N20/

J

good pictures J

whos is the S40R?

Slomo
Thursday 11th September 2008, 11:06
S70T5Chris

its his toy :)

S70T5Chris
Thursday 11th September 2008, 18:20
good pictures J

whos is the S40R?

You mean the S40 that some yoy has stuck an R badge on! That'd be me then!

As slomo said (sorta), it's my track slag!

http://www.2thumbs-up.com/images/events/Trax_08/23.jpg

y2blade
Friday 12th September 2008, 16:06
You mean the S40 that some yoy has stuck an R badge on! That'd be me then!

As slomo said (sorta), it's my track slag!

http://www.2thumbs-up.com/images/events/Trax_08/23.jpg

ahh i see it's been "badged-up"

it looks cool.......so what is it? T4? diesel? 1.6?

S70T5Chris
Friday 12th September 2008, 18:13
ahh i see it's been "badged-up"

it looks cool.......so what is it? T4? diesel? 1.6?

Yeah T4. Lowered, Jetex catback, front/rear strut braces, bsr optiflow induction kit, totally stripped out inside! :biggrin:

Contemplating getting it remapped, but it goes pretty well standard, keeps up with an st focus no problem!

y2blade
Friday 12th September 2008, 18:37
Yeah T4. Lowered, Jetex catback, front/rear strut braces, bsr optiflow induction kit, totally stripped out inside! :biggrin:

Contemplating getting it remapped, but it goes pretty well standard, keeps up with an st focus no problem!

mmmm very nice indeed, sounds alot of fun :) got anymore pics of it?