PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions regarding s40

boabmc
Wednesday 9th July 2008, 15:25
I tried the search and couldnt find what i was looking for

Basically can the lights be turned off whilst driving, as soon as i start the car the headlights are on even though they are in off position, and ive never noticed until now that almost every volvo i drive pass now seem to have lights on as well in broad daylight

And the service light, how do i reset that? I know it purpose is to remind of service due but my father whom i got car from got it done 2months ago

princepugh
Wednesday 9th July 2008, 16:10
I believe HLM Bromsgrove may be able to sort the running lights out, no idea what the cost is.

CONDYBOY
Wednesday 9th July 2008, 19:42
What age is your car?

Kal
Wednesday 9th July 2008, 22:25
If its a phase 1 then no to both a pain I know, Phase 2 and it should tell you in the owners manual!!!

boabmc
Thursday 10th July 2008, 12:31
97 ph 1

jimka
Thursday 10th July 2008, 23:34
service light is a trip to an indi or main dealers - you can buy service reset tools off ebay, but i popped down my local indi and they did it for nothing.

headlights cannot be turned off without a software changed from main dealers - have no idea on price but it wont be cheap... you'll soon get use to them.

Phase 2 cars for the record.... service light can be turned off by holding the mileage trip switch in, holding it on and turning the ignition on.... wait around 10 seconds and it will flash, let go, and problem solved.

phase two headlights are turned off by pulling the lights / indicator stalk to full beam for more than 2 seconds and then turning to light switch to on (1) or off (0) depending on what you want to do

boabmc
Friday 11th July 2008, 12:16
thanks for the advice guys

seems i will be getting used to the lights on then lol :)

CONDYBOY
Tuesday 15th July 2008, 00:29
I'm lucky, mine turns on and off with the switch! Mine's a late 2001 v40