PDA

View Full Version : 2001 V40 Mod pics

CONDYBOY
Monday 7th July 2008, 20:45
Okay guys here's some pics of my mods, Yes it is a DIESEL.

The engine bay. K&N57i with home made cold air duct (nice fit), Turbo guage had to be directly fitted to cold side of the IC, Smoked turbo guage fitted into the centre drivers air vent first pic is ign off, next is ign on and then dimmed using the dash dim switch!:D:D:D:P

Vikingxl
Monday 7th July 2008, 21:05
Looking good mate nice tidy job

CONDYBOY
Monday 7th July 2008, 21:46
Cheers, took ages to get the cold air guard to fit and not rattle! Hammering and much swearing (and a couple of cuts and swollen fingers from mis aimed hammer blows:( )later finally got it to fit without rattling:D The vent fit for the guage was a doddle by comparison, this ones the prototype until I can do a tidier one.

jim_from_surrey
Wednesday 9th July 2008, 21:27
have you found any noticeable difference with the K&N?

i got a 57i kit off ebay some months ago, havent fitted it yet as i decided a shield like yours was needed and never got around to sorting it out!

if its a real difference, i'll bump it up the to-do list a couple of places, lol

CONDYBOY
Wednesday 9th July 2008, 22:02
Hi mate mine's a diesel t3 and yep there's a slight difference in power ie slightly more, but the best difference is hearing the engine breathing freely! Music to my ears:)

jimka
Thursday 10th July 2008, 23:46
Jim_from_surrey, if you have a t4 as your signature suggests you will hear the turbo alot more and you will have a slight increase in power...

the diesels dump too with k&n's, and can be louder due to more boost.... i'll find a pic of my old diesel engine bay.....
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h11/volvo_boy/engine-3.jpg

CONDYBOY
Friday 11th July 2008, 23:41
Jimka, did you paint the engine cover?

jimka
Saturday 12th July 2008, 00:50
indeed :) - and the fuse box... trying to find a pic with k&n and boost gauge tap

CONDYBOY
Saturday 12th July 2008, 21:35
nice job was it a special paint or just stuff you had lying around?

jimka
Monday 14th July 2008, 11:17
normal paint i used to paint the skirts with. didn't fade or crack.. I recommend lacquer though

CONDYBOY
Monday 14th July 2008, 11:19
Cheers man! I've got some paint and lacquer laying around will have to check colours tho'