PDA

View Full Version : S60 questions...

Philip
Monday 7th July 2008, 01:05
Hi

I'm new to the site, so hello! I don't own a Volvo, but I'm considering getting an S60 in the near future.

Firstly, I'm looking at one around 02/03 plate. Is it possible to fit the later style lights (front and rear), or are they not compatible?

Secondly.. I cant decide between a T5 or a D5. I'm used to turbo charged petrol engines but the cost of fuel, combined with quite a few motorway miles, is making me consider diesel. How does the D5 compare? ... Obviously it's a lot slower, but is it slow enough to justify the extra fuel in the T5?

Many thanks, and I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section. I'm not sure which section covers the S60.

Vikingxl
Monday 7th July 2008, 01:33
Best advice i can give is drive them both before you buy as they need very different driving styles.

Where abouts are you as im sure there will be members near to you that may be able to help out

Jaseb77
Monday 7th July 2008, 10:10
Hi

I'm new to the site, so hello! I don't own a Volvo, but I'm considering getting an S60 in the near future.

Firstly, I'm looking at one around 02/03 plate. Is it possible to fit the later style lights (front and rear), or are they not compatible?

Secondly.. I cant decide between a T5 or a D5. I'm used to turbo charged petrol engines but the cost of fuel, combined with quite a few motorway miles, is making me consider diesel. How does the D5 compare? ... Obviously it's a lot slower, but is it slow enough to justify the extra fuel in the T5?

Many thanks, and I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section. I'm not sure which section covers the S60.

HI,
I have both T5 & D5, both warmed up a bit. They are very different to drive, but you will not be disappointed with the D5 (if you get it mapped)
The economy is nothing less that fantastic

The newer lights will fit , but you need the whole front end grill etc, as the nose is longer, AFAIK,

gazbak1
Monday 7th July 2008, 17:56
the later front lights will NOT fit with out some modification as the later lights have 2 side light bulbs i.e the old lamps only have 4 wires the later ones have about 10 so up to you.

hope this helps.

gazbak1

Baj
Monday 7th July 2008, 18:19
02/03 D5s are significantly more expensive than the T5s
I went for a 2.4T. Faster than the 2.0 but not as thirsty as a T5