PDA

View Full Version : New Key and Fob

david-m
Sunday 6th July 2008, 19:28
Hi,

Anyone know how much I am likely to be stung for a new key and key Fob for a 2000 S60 T5?

I have seen 2nd hand ones on ebay but presume I still need a dealer to program them?

Vikingxl
Sunday 6th July 2008, 19:29
Contact Rufe on here or Oliver at TMS Volvo in Hinckley and they will sort you out for a decent price but make sure you are sitting down when they give you the price

saufboy
Sunday 6th July 2008, 19:34
I was quoted around £100 for each at my dealer, forget e bay they cant be reprogrammed easily and if you do get it done at dealer it wont be far off the new cost.

T5 Ben
Sunday 6th July 2008, 19:38
Mine cost me £203 for a new key,new remote and programming,didnt even get a coffee.

Ben.

Vikingxl
Sunday 6th July 2008, 19:40
Sounds about right Ben lol

david-m
Sunday 6th July 2008, 19:42
Contact Rufe on here or Oliver at TMS Volvo in Hinckley and they will sort you out for a decent price but make sure you are sitting down when they give you the price

excellent thanks, will do!

Mikesmith999
Tuesday 8th July 2008, 17:21
Mine cost me £203 for a new key,new remote and programming,didnt even get a coffee.

Ben.

Bargain mate, mine was £265 from Volvo dealers in Croydon.

Rufe
Tuesday 8th July 2008, 19:46
i can sort you out with the parts, but you will still need to visit a local dealer to get them both programmed.

rough idea of prices until i get to work tomorrow (as ong as i can remmeber that is lol)

Key: £55
Fob: £55
Software for key: £11
Software for fob: £24
Labour: varies from dealer to dealer, but expect to pay around half hour labour (£40 apprx)
Vat: Cant leave out gordon browns share can we

obviosuly i havent taken into account any discount yet, parts would be cheaper from me, and then visit a local dealer for programming (cant help you withtheir prices thoguh i am afraid) if you come to us i would make sure you get a coffee too, lol

oh yes and avoid the ebay ones, expenisve paperweights without original packaging - we have had to upset many people who have tried to get thes done.

hope that helps

simon

hamish
Wednesday 9th July 2008, 17:01
Hi,

We'll do the whole job:
Key, Fob, Software, Programming, VAT for £165 all in !!!!!
Using Genuine Volvo Parts.

Regards,
Hamish.
UK's Leading Volvo Tuner.

Rufe
Wednesday 9th July 2008, 17:37
thats a very good price there from HLM fair play, at that price above i would ripping hamishs hand off to get it done there.

As i forgot about this until now, i can keep my word and alter what i said above to their true prices:

Key: £70.50 inc vat (FRF £54.99 inc vat)
Fob: £53.81 inc vat (FRF £45.74 inc vat)
Software for key: £12.65 inc vat
Software for fob: £29.00 inc vat
Labour: varies from dealer to dealer, but expect to pay around half hour labour (£40 apprx)
Vat: included above

I can only supply parts but at a discount of course. (Prices i charge for the parts are in brackets above, postage would be £1.14 for key and or fob) A visit to a dealer or a capable independent is still required, hence if you can get to HLM it would definitely make sense.